Lamarck Academy

Home Forums The Minion Playground (RP) Lamarck Academy

This topic contains 98 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  wiltingdaisy94 2 days, 15 hours ago.

• Author

Angel
    Participant

Welcome to Lamarck Academy

“When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost;                                                when character is lost, all is lost.”

Hidden away in No Return Wilderness, Idaho is an old Academy that seems to be in disrepair. It’s large, dark, and the few locals that know of it’s existence say it’s haunted, but they’d never tell you. No one ever asks. Every year there is a handful of children dropped off in this tiny town, expecting to see an exceptional boarding school. Instead, they see a town frozen in the 1930s. When they turn back to inquire with the cab driver who dropped them off, they find nothing but a thin veil of mist where the cab was moments ago. The children wander the town and ask their questions. The town speaks quietly, and in riddles. The children come to the edge of the town and look up at the trees that seem as tall as skyscrapers. An old women shuffles out of a rattled shack nearby. She holds her shaking hand. Her skin as tough as leather yet as wrinkled as a prune. The gesture is expectant of the small group of children. She knows who they are. She knows where they need to go. One of them hands her a ripped piece of yellowed papyrus with a symbol on the front and the the printed letters of LA on the back. She runs her hand over the paper and a smile crosses her face. The children look on to the forest and do not notice this. The lady shoves the paper back into the child’s young, soft hand.

“He who submits to fate without complaint is wise,” the old woman spoke softly, yet all of the children jumped as if she screamed. “He waits for you in the heart of the wilderness.” The old woman points to the forest. Saying no more, she turns and hobbles back to her shack.

———————————————————————————————-

You have been chosen by the Director of Lamarck Academy. You were not chosen for any reason other than having divine blood. No one knows anything else of you. You must travel to the heart of the wilderness and locate this academy to learn more about your other parent; a God or Goddess.

———————————————————————————————–

((Hey guys! I figured I’d kick off the RP section with something a little familiar. This is an idea I’ve been kicking around in my head for a year or so. I was going to make it a book but I figured I’d share it instead- I love the personalities others give to characters! I have a few rules and the character skelly but then hopefully we can kick it off!))

RULES

– No more than three characters per person; I feel any more than that will get confusing!

– Don’t have the RP gravitate towards only one or two people- Keep everyone involved; it’s only fun that way!

– Your character should be a demi-god. My original idea was primarily Greek but lets not tie ourselves down- If you know of a kick but god or goddess from your own religion or a religion you’re into; do it up!

– When you post, try to avoid one line replies. Try to be as detailed as possible, especially if you’re a writer. Don’t shy away! I personally found RPs to be good practice for my own writings!

– And last but not least: PLEASE FOLLOW ALL OF UNCLE Z’S RULES!! THIS IS HIS FORUM AND THE RULES ARE POSTED EVERYWHERE! Let’s stay respectful while we have some fun!

CHARACTER SKELLY

Name:

Pronouns:

Divine Parent:

Ability (if known):

Personality:

Looks:

Have you known about your divine parent before the letter?:

Anything extra:

Angel
    Participant

Name: Alexia Black

Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Divine Parent: Hades (the only child)

Ability (if known): Unknown

Personality: Quirky, creative, strong headed. She is shy around people when she first meets them, but can generally warm up to them

Looks: (will post later)

Have you known about your divine parent before the letter?: No

Anything extra: Alexia lives with her aunt and does not know either of her parents. She is extremely talented in the arts and helps her Aunt run their family music studio that enrolls ‘at risk’ kids in the California area

wiltingdaisy94
    Participant

Oh! Time to get back into the Roleplay Fun Zone(tm)

Name: Jose Manuel Kagai

Pronouns: He/Him

Divine Parent: Susanoo

Ability (if known): a control of water and water-based liquid (His favorite liquid to control is ink). In bad moods he can effect weather

Personality: Sassy is his middle name, and its how he hides that he’s beyond awkward (he has a had time relating to others), but overall a good kid. he’s caring and has a good sense of humor. Quick to act – in both good and bad ways- there’s a reason this kid is covered in scars

Looks:

((HE ONLY HAS ONE ARM BE NICE))

Have you known about your divine parent before the letter?: Si! My mama and papa are in love you doofus. I have three other siblings with one on the way!

Anything extra: His mother is Spanish (European Spanish) and for their safety and security they all live in the middle of friggin nowhere Montana. He’s still a little sore about the lack of arm don’t bring it up if you don’t have to, guys

BookVamp
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Angel
      Participant

(Was this suppose to be a character outline? I can’t see anything- your message is marked as private)

BookVamp
    Participant

(Sorry, I don’t know how that happened. Hopefully this works)

Name: Rhea Woods

Pronouns: She/Her

Divine Parent: Athena

Ability (if known): Limited Foresight, Can see glimpses of a possible future but it is always in images that seem random

Personality: Mainly calm and soft spoken, but able to take charge when need be and has a terrible temper when pushed too hard. Thinks before acting, and always tries to find the best solution. Overall, very easy to get along with anyone and a great keeper of secrets.

Looks: About 5 foot and has a small frame, dark brown hair with silver/grey eyes

Have you known about your divine parent before the letter?: No, it is all news to me

Anything extra: Rhea had to adapt often as she constantly moved around because of her family where they never stayed in a place for more than a year. Though she found everywhere she went had a library and that became a constant home for her.

BuriedHeart
    Participant

Name: Themaris Theoria (pronounced “th” as in theory)

Pronouns: she, her, hers

Divine Parent: Themis, Greek Titaness. Goddess of Divine Order.

Ability (if known): Often has visions of that which has not yet come to pass. Able to reasonably discern fact from fiction, albeit far from perfectly. Can sometimes feel the emotions of others.

Personality:
    Calm, calculative. Strong sense of right and wrong. Is usually very objective in her way of thinking. Can unwittingly be somewhat standoffish when meeting others, but does her best to smile. Is always polite.

Looks:

Have you known about your divine parent before the letter?:

Not before the letter, no.

Anything extra:

Themaris was raised by her father in the city. He works long hours in his office as a prosecution attorney and so Themaris found herself alone most days after classes. That means she lives pretty self sufficiently, does her own cooking, cleaning, grocery shopping. The cooking she enjoys, the cleaning not so much. She reads avidly to kill time, most people find her with her nose buried in a book of some sort. Her favourite genre are crime mysteries, but she has a romantic side tucked away somewhere. Life was pretty smooth until she had what she could only explain as a vision. It was indistinct, but left her with a sense of foreboding. The first of many occurred only a month before it happened, and then Themaris was picking up the phone to the sound of Victor’s hoarse voice on the other end of the line. Victor, her father’s chief prosecutor, never had any reason to dial her cell. Her knuckles were bone white as she clenched the now 100 pound grocery bag in her fist, standing beneath the shelter of the supermarket. He was clearly shaken, nothing ever really fazed him, but his words couldn’t have been delivered with more clarity, even over the heavy patter of rain. Her father had been poisoned; he was weak, but alive. She was already hailing a cab, and climbing in before they hung up. He’d meet her at the hospital in 20 minutes. She was there in 7, and at her father’s side in 10. He told her to go, that Victor would explain, but she already knew. When Victor arrived with that letter, she knew it meant she would be leaving. That whatever happened, her father would be fine. At 11:42pm, he slipped into a coma, but she wasn’t afraid. She would find out who did this, and by the God’s, they would pay.
    <!–/data/user/0/com.samsung.android.app.notes/files/share/clipdata_180412_142940_551.sdoc–>

Angel
    Participant

Name: Alexander

Divine Parent: Not a parent, but blessed by Hephastis

Ability (if known): Nothing god-like; he has super strength and is an exceptional engeneer

Personality: great charisma and force of personality, but his character is full of contradictions. He has the ability to motivate anyone or any group to do what seems to be impossible

Looks: (later)

Have you known about your divine parent before the letter?: Yes

Anything extra: He’s One of the Heads of Houses at the academy and has known of his ability since he was six, going to live at the academy at that age. He is the reincarnation of Alexander the Great

(I meant to post this earlier but was debating it- but obviously I decided it would be a good addition to our story)

wiltingdaisy94
    Participant

Well it seems like Jose is going to be the baby of the group. I am happy with this))

Angel
    Participant

(So we have 5 characters so far. Are we satisfied with that to start or do we want to wait for more?)

BookVamp
      Participant

(I’m fine with either option)

ClinicalCharles
    Participant

Name: Whitmore Ajax Miles IV

Divine Parent: Hecate

Ability (if known): An extension of his physical reflexes, he is able to see what is about to happen moments beforehand and react accordingly. He has, on occasion, also been able to see the various outcomes of potential choices allowing him to make the best decision. His ability is relatively knew to him, and he still hasn’t quite worked out all the kinks.

Personality: He can be best describe as a walking contradiction: highly intelligent and equally creative; as bold and brash as he is reserved and cautious. Though he generally gives an air of “strong and silent,” particularly around new faces, he quite enjoys making friends and can become quite carefree once he has grown comfortable around new people. He still won’t have much to say – but he always has something to write. If he’s not writing or reading, he can be found drawing, playing guitar, or coding some new feature into his favorite computer game.
    He prefers to be called Spike, as he has a great distaste for his name though he will never admit to it, and as such introduces himself as “Spike. Just Spike.”

Looks: Adam Gallagher as Whitmore Ajax Miles IV

Have you known about your divine parent before the letter?: No.

Anything extra: After his father died under mysterious circumstances when his was 8, Spike was sent to live with his godfather, Prof. Seamus Gallese, a historical scholar and world traveler. While being raised traveling the world had it’s merits, it also proved to be rather lonely at times. At age 13 he adopted a Siberian Husky/German Shepherd Mix (Gerberian Shepsky) he named Damask.

Damask is no mere K9 companion however, he is specially trained as a service animal to aid Spike with his anxiety. Much like his owner (and as is common behavior for both his parent breeds) Damask is wary of new people and will often keep himself between his charge and those unfamiliar faces until he deems them friendly. The more vocal of the duo, Damask can be quite mischievous though he is fiercely loyal and despite his standoffish demeanor he is really quite a softy.

Gerberian Shepsky (German Shepherd Husky Mix)

"Life is a [heck] of a thing to happen to a person." - David Rossi (Criminal Minds S3.E10)
    Fly On,
    (|-=\) Charles Donté
    <3;

Angel
    Participant

(Okay great! I think we should start- we have a good number of characters. I can leave the RP open for a bit incase anyone else wants to join)

BookVamp
    Participant

(There seems to be a lot of characters that have the ability to see the future, so I’m just going to change my character’s ability to make it more diverse)

Rhea Wood’s Ability: Skilled in both hand to hand and weapons combat, and able to be a tactician

BuriedHeart
    Participant

(Hey, should I change Themaris’ age? I have her at 22 right now, but should I go to 19? Or lower even? I don’t mind. Also, I tried attaching an image, but it didn’t show up. How do I do this part lol? I’m ready to start any time now ^_^. Should we establish a posting order?)

Angel
      Participant

(I think the ages should be 19 or below to keep it consistent, but it’s not really a huge deal. Also I have no clue how to do the images either so if anyone could help out there, that’d be great haha And for posting order- I’ve never done that. From my experience on the old forum, it’s been the creator who kicks it off and then whoever comments next and we sort of build off of eachother)

BuriedHeart
        Participant

I posted an edited version ^_^ figured out the picture thing.

ClinicalCharles
    Participant

I’m new to RP (and forums in general) and I was just wondering why all of your replies are in parentheses? Is it because we’re talking out of character?

Would also like to add, if any of you are familiar with the Cartoon Network show Tower Prep, think preflex for Spike’s ability. With the addition of when he has to make choices in intense situations he can sometimes see the outcome of each choice and make the best decision.

"Life is a [heck] of a thing to happen to a person." - David Rossi (Criminal Minds S3.E10)
    Fly On,
    (|-=\) Charles Donté
    <3;

Angel
      Participant

(Yes, the parentheses are because we talk out of character. If you need to comment anything outside of the RP just put it in parentheses so it’s not mistaken for commentary or anything pertaining to your character or the situation)

ClinicalCharles
    Participant

(Okay! I thought so but I wasn’t certain. Thank you for clarifying!)

Fly On,
    (|-=\) Charles Donté
    <3;

Angel
    Participant

(I’ll kick this off with a side note; I’ll play all the minor characters (headmaster and teachers) so we have some push to the story without everyone worrying about having to have multiple characters)

The panting of a young girl followed in close pursuit of the sneakers. She was a blur to the passing squirrels and birds perched on the damp bark of the birch trees. Wisps and small fly-aways of her chocolate brown hair glinted in the sunlight that was breaking its way through the pastel green leaves above.
    There was nothing that Alexia loved more than sitting on her porch, looking out at the bright scenery of a freshly fallen rain. However, at this very moment in time, she was barely skimming the scene around her, everything a rush of green and black from the road underneath her feet. She had completely forgotten about her flight today, something she would have normally been good about remembering had the trip not been planned six months ago. The only reason she was running to catch a cab in the town at the end of the mountain was because her friend Katie texted her and reminded her to let her know when her flight landed.
    By the time she had gotten to the end of the hill, her legs felt like vibrating jello about to collapse in on itself. She could see the gas station ahead through her rain streaked glasses. As she panted and pulled herself over to the shoulder of the main street, she pulled off her glasses and wiped them on her sweater sleeve. There was no understatement being made when it’s said that all she could now see was a bunch of blurred and mushed up colors and some shapes attempting to be objects. As she slid the black frames back onto her face, she looked out to the main street and jumped once the blurred objects became sharper again.
    “Hey, Hey, girl, you need a ride?” A young girl, probably about Alexia’s age was leaning out the window of a grey Taxi cab that, in faded letters on the side read, ‘The Three Fates Taxi Service- Getting you where you need to go in the BLINK of an eye Since ___BC’.

Alexia had to blink as she read the last few words, and was leaning down to get a better look at the date. Before she could convince herself of what she was reading, the young girl slammed her hand against the old grey door and smiled at her as she jumped back up.
    ”You need a ride somewhere, sweetheart?”
    “Um… no. I mean yes, but-”
    “No buts about it-” the young girl smiled, “Come on in.”
    The grey taxi door opened abruptly and Alexia found herself being drawn into the tiny, busted up cab. As the door shut next to her, Alexia blinked to allow her eyes to adjust to the strangely dim surroundings. As she squinted ahead of her, a blast of blinding light suddenly appeared in the cab in front of her.
    “What the-” She gasped, shielding her eyes.
    “Oh, I’m sorry hunny,” A sweet voice drifted out behind the bright light before it was snuffed out again by the silhouette of a woman. As Alexia’s eyes adjusted yet again to the drastic change in light, she could see that the silhouette was a young African-American woman no older than 20. Her smile was sincere and made the gold blush on her cheeks sparkle in the stray rays of sunlight peaking out from the passenger side window. Her hair was thickly braided and the golden threads in it also glinted eloquently in the light. Her eyes were a warm, dark brown that instantly made Morgana swell with warmth and become overwhelmed with an odd sensation of comfort, compelling her to sink back into her seat.

“I’m sorry my little sister scared you like that!” the young woman laughed, “She is very excited when we get such a lively customer!”
    “A … lively customer?” Alexia asked, slowly pulling her gaze from the woman and feeling compelled to look around the cab. To her shock, yet surprisingly non-discomfort, there was a transparent man sitting next to her, looking solemnly ahead. He was dressed in a long trench coat riddled with scratches and holes, and a fedora that looked weighed down by the rain that had passed outside.

Alexia opened and shut her mouth like a fish attempting to eat and threw herself up against the cab door.
    “Scared?” A softer voice piped up from the front. “Don’t be! He’s dead so he ain’t gonna cause any harm.”

“Aaaaaanyway,” the woman said, glaring down her younger sister, “we’re here to take you where you need to go.”

“Th-the airport…?” Alexia asked.

“If that’s where you need to go,” The woman smiled, started up the cab, and slid the privacy divider shut, leaving Alexia alone in the dark with a lost spirit.

“We’re here!” the woman said, pulling the divider to the side and smiling at Alexia.

Alexia was shocked to see such little sunlight. “Oh, um.. thank you.” Alexia opened the cab door and stepped outside, the door swinging shut behind her. “Wait…” she started, turning around to look at the cab. It was gone; the only sign anything had been there was the slight disturbance in the mist.

“What is going on here?” she hissed under her breath. She looks around at a town that seemed to be frozen in the era of the great depression. The cold air and mist pierced through her light summer outfit consisting of a cotton shirt and black shorts. She peered around the town, slowly walking forward through the mist. She spotted some blurred figures ahead and approached the small huddled group at the edge of the forest.

“Um … can anyone tell me where I am?” She asked, shivering and rubbing her arms in a lame attempt to keep warm.

BuriedHeart
    Participant

(CHARACTER EDIT

Name: Themaris Theoria (pronounced “th” as in theory)

Pronouns: she, her, hers

Divine Parent: Themis, Greek Titaness. Goddess of Divine Order.

Ability (if known): Often has visions of that which has not yet come to pass. Visions may, at times, be triggered by touching an item or person, and once she was able to see a glimpse into an item’s past. She is uncertain if this ability can be honed. Able to reasonably discern fact from fiction, albeit far from perfectly. Can sometimes feel the emotions of others.

Personality: Calm, calculative. Strong sense of right and wrong. Is usually very objective in her way of thinking. Can unwittingly be somewhat standoffish when meeting others, but does her best to smile. Is always polite.

Looks:

Have you known about your divine parent before the letter?: Not before the letter, no.

• Anything extra: Themaris was raised by her father in the city. He works long hours in his office as a prosecution attorney and so Themaris found herself alone most days after classes. That means she lives pretty self sufficiently, does her own cooking, cleaning, grocery shopping. The cooking she enjoys, the cleaning not so much. She reads avidly to kill time, most people find her with her nose buried in a book of some sort. Her favourite genre are crime mysteries, but she has a romantic side tucked away somewhere. Life was pretty smooth until she had what she could only explain as a vision. It was indistinct, but left her with a sense of foreboding. The first of many occurred only a month before it happened, and then Themaris was picking up the phone to the sound of Victor’s hoarse voice on the other end of the line. Victor, her father’s chief prosecutor, never had any reason to dial her cell. Her knuckles were bone white as she clenched the now 100 pound grocery bag in her fist, standing beneath the shelter of the supermarket. He was clearly shaken, nothing ever really fazed him, but his words couldn’t have been delivered with more clarity, even over the heavy patter of rain. Her father had been poisoned; he was weak, but alive. She was already hailing a cab, and climbing in before they hung up. He’d meet her at the hospital in 20 minutes. She was there in 7, and at her father’s side in 10. He told her to go, that Victor would explain, but she already knew. When Victor arrived with that letter, she knew it meant she would be leaving. That whatever happened, her father would be fine. At 11:42pm, he slipped into a coma, but she wasn’t afraid. She would find out who did this, and by the God’s, they would pay.)

Angel
    Participant

(Awesome! I’ll update my photos when I can, but for now let’s keep going~)

wiltingdaisy94
    Participant

Huffing and puffing indignantly about somewhere near her is a disgruntled 14 year old, dressed in a sweatshirt with one of the sleeves tied in a knot (It’s useless and his mom hadn’t had a chance to tailor it so it might as well just be out of the way), jeans and hiking boots. His hair is a bit of a mess and he looks about ready to kick something.

He’d just been ditched by a mysteriously empty bus that was supposed to take him into Missoula- the closest “big” city- so he could meet up with his mother and big brother for lunch. He should have known that the bus was bad news when it had been empty save for the the driver, who let him off in the spooky little town with the cryptic line that he was “where he needed to be”

Needed to be? He needed to be with his family! The poor kid could feel his anxiety spiking as his eyes scanned for anyone.

BookVamp
    Participant

(Happy to be starting now!!)

As the sun starts to set over the horizon, the city still flows with life as the street lights flicker on and cars speed by to get to their destinations. Though there is still some remanents of daylight, it was getting close to curfew for a certain youth, and she already had a strike for the week so she couldn’t delay heading home.

Rhea walks out of the library content with books in her bag, and a relaxing time recharging in her main haunt. Staying over at her aunt’s last night was taking a toll on her, and she couldn’t help stopping by the old building before heading home to more noise. Checking the time, she knew that taking the bus would make her really late getting back, so she decides to catch a cab to cut that time short.

Waiting at the corner near a taxi sign, a grey taxi cab pulls up and she studies the grey cab for a minute. The side read “Three Fates Taxi Service” while the rest seemed faded. She’s never heard the name before, so she took pro-caution and stepped back a little. ‘One can never be too safe‘ she thought to herself as she sees the window roll down. Squinting, she can barley make out a figure in the shadows and that brought a chill down her spine.

Just apologize and go to the bus stop, this wouldn’t be a go-‘ her train of thought cut sort when a calming voice spoke out, “Do you need a ride home sweetie?” From the voice, she can tell it belonged to a woman and she relaxed a little. “It’s getting pretty late for you, I would hate to see you get hurt out here.” There was something about this woman’s voice that made Rhea feel safe and draw her in, like the call of a comfy bed after a long day’s work.

Rhea nods, letting her guard down. “I do need a ride home, it’s a little far with the bus.” Getting accustomed to the shadows, she can see the woman nod and she takes that as a welcoming sign.

Entering the cab, she sees a dog already sitting there in the back. The dog is huge compared to her, and it takes her a moment to register the size of the animal. In the dark it’s hard to get a clear description, but she could tell it wasn’t a breed she had seen before. It looked more like a big wolf in her opinion. “Oh don’t worry about him sweetie, his bark is bigger than his bite.” Nodding, Rhea takes a seat beside the dog while the dog just watches her with a blank stare. “So where do I go.”

“On the corner of Jasper and 82th street please.” The woman nods, and the cab slowly merges into traffic.

Looking out the window, she watches the city buildings fly by and listens to the soft melody coming from the radio. The melody mixed with how tired she already was slowly pulled her to rest her head on the car door, letting her eyes close and bring her to comfortable sleep.

Feeling the cab come to a stop, Rhea slowly starts to wake from her nap. “Wake up sweetie,” The cab driver’s soft voice woke her more, “it’s time for you to get up now.”

Sitting up, Rhea rubs the sleep from her eyes. “Thanks.” She reaches for her bag to get her wallet. “How much do I owe you?”

“Don’t worry, it’s free of charge.” Smiling, she groggily thanks the driver again and gets out of the cab. The moment she steps out of the cab, she is hit with light. Blinking, she looks around and sees she’s surrounded by a mist and daylight.

Certain that the ride should have been only a few minutes, she rubs her eyes again. Only to be met with the same scene she saw, but with better detail. She can see buildings now, but these were not the ones she was used to seeing these past months, and turns to inform the driver that this was the wrong place. The cab was gone, and confusion and worry start to sink in.

Taking in her new surroundings, she notices buildings needing repairs and solemn looking people walking about the streets. The clothes they were wearing were old fashioned, and their complexion looked pale. Rhea just knew she wasn’t in the city she was living in, but somewhere that seemed trapped in time.

The air was cold, and she was grateful for bringing her black hoodie with her. Walking around, she sees that everywhere looked similar but none of it was familiar to her at all.

When she gets to an area where the buildings were only two stories high, she can see beyond the buildings to a forest. The trees were huge, like the red wood forest, and in the back of her mind the thought of this place being like a cage started to form. ‘I knew it was a bad idea.’

wiltingdaisy94
    Participant

(Does anyone know how to edit posts? I can’t find the button and I got some stuff mixed up in Jose’s intro post whoops)

BuriedHeart
    Participant

(I think edits are timed. Like… I could EDIT Before, but now too much time has passed since posting. Just quote yourself if necessary, make edits to the quote. Remove quotations.)

Themaris’ hand twitched towards the letter tucked away in her bag for what might have been the eighth or eightieth time. She wasn’t sure at this point. What she was sure of was that this whole thing was incredibly ludicrous. Sure, things had gotten… weird, for the lack of a better term, lately, but this just couldn’t be possible. When her vision showed her the school, she had the sense that it would empower her with knowledge enough to hone her skills and catch her father’s would-be-murderer. She had not, however, expected the letter to inform her of her mysterious mommy-dearest. Least of all the identity of whom being an ancient devine entity. Was that why father’s library had so many titles on Greek mythology? Had he even known? It did explain a few things…

“Hold it together, Them…,” She sighed to herself, picking up a case file from Victor instead; reading the letter again was pointless. She’d flipped through this a few times as well, but there was more here she could have missed on who had had the latest contact with her father. Before she could really investigate further, the plane jostled abruptly. She quickly tucked it away, hoping loose papers wouldn’t go flying away on her. It seemed they were in for some turbulence, and what terrible weather this was to fly in. The seat belt light came on, she could only do as instructed at this point. She popped her earbuds in to try and relax, staring out the decently sized window at the storm clouds. Somehow sleep found her, thankfully the dreams had not. 

When the plane landed the rest of her journey became as much of a blur as the rain and fog that blanketed the city. She hailed a cab. The humor and irony of the company name was not lost on her: “The Three Fates taxi service”. She suppressed the urge to feel either amused or intimidated, but decided it was a good thing. It made all of this more believable. Like it was some confirmation that this path was not some fool’s errand, and that so far this letter held true to its every word. The ride was… one for the books, to be sure. The blinding blink of light that consumed everything for barely a moment was the culminating crescendo and then she was surrounded again by dreary grey skies. She collected her things, guessing this was her stop. At this point she owed them a thank you considering she never even gave them directions. But when Themaris turned to do so, she was unsurprised to find them gone. She swore at least the tracks from the tires should have been left behind, but they were nowhere to be seen. It’s true the visions had made her a fraction more brave than in recent years, but there were just some things that would freak out just about anyone. Inexplicable vanishings of once assumed tangible objects and beings was one of those things. Themaris shivered involuntarily, turning back to her task at hand: finding the school. Maybe she should have given them the address after all. Looking at the frozen, dated, and rather dilapidated town, she presumed she was meant to find her way there… perhaps ask someone for directions? But things were very strange… it wasn’t just the buildings, but the people themselves seemed to move about as ghosts and wore clothing from decades past. This was most definitely not anywhere she believed she would find on any average map. If she’d had a dog named Toto she’d be telling him they weren’t in Kansas anymore. She shook her head, trying not to be unsettled.

She began the walk, not at all bothered by having to stretch her legs, actually it was a welcome change to sitting still for what felt like the better part of the day. Themaris flicked open her black umbrella absently in some effort to keep dry. Glad to have come prepared; packing lightly with only a backpack and a small suitcase, wearing her warm belle peacoat atop a fitted knit sweater, leggings and her riding boots. The burgendy of her coat usually offset the chesnut of her long hair rather nicely, but in this rain and grey atmosphere it all seemed rather muted. She was also pretty sure her hair was seconds away from frizzing out of control. Trivial… She chastised herself.

Going forward, her steps had taken her instead close to the edge of a forest, she thought she was heading towards the town, but it seemed her body knew where it was going even if her mind did not. There she caught sight of a small group, and what looked like another girl who appeared to be just as lost as she was. Come to think of it… The closer she came, they all seemed rather lost.

Glancing from one to another, when she got close enough, she ventured; “I’m going to presume I’m not the only one here who’s ride disappeared without a trace…?” She was also fairly certain she wasn’t the only one with a letter in their pocket telling her something otherwise unbelievable, but she kept that to herself.

wiltingdaisy94
    Participant

Jose turned to the voice, walking over in that direction. The boy was desperate for someone who didn’t look like they were in a period piece about the depression. “H-hey!”

He stumbled a bit, pausing to collect his balance. He’d rather not fall- getting up with only one arm is a hassle

Angel
    Participant

Alexia stood silently, looking around at the four others. “Does anyone know what’s going on? I just-”

There was an eerie creak off to her left and she looked over to see an old woman, hunched and worn by the years, slowly peaking her head back out her cabin door. “He who submits to fate without complaint is wise,” the old woman spoke softly, her voice was like a recording as if she had said this many times before, “He waits for you in the heart of the wilderness. He waits for all of you. Except for the devils child.” The old woman hobbled towards the group, faster than she probably should have, stopping only a few feet before Alexia.

“Show me your paper, child,” she said, hoarsely, for her voice had not risen above a whisper in many years.

“Paper? What paper? What are you talking about?” She asked, backing away, yet being careful not to bump into the others that were around her.

“All of you must have your papers. Show them to me. All of you. Now.” The old woman held out her hand expectantly, shaking with more violence than before.

Alexia fumbled in her cargo shorts. Phone, keys, plane ticket. Plane ticket? She pulled the paper from her pocket and held it tightly in her hand, hiding it behind her back, waiting to see what everyone else pulled out. She could feel the anxiety rising in her, pressing on the center of her chest. Surely the old woman didn’t want her ticket, but she would wait to see what everyone else pulled out before speaking.

BuriedHeart
    Participant

Themaris regarded the old woman inquisitively for a moment, holding a hand out to her side towards the boy in a show of protectiveness. A silent gesture meant to ask him to keep back until she could sense the air. There were too many emotions whirring around them all; anxiety, confusion, hesitation, and a sense of urgency she assumed had to be the old woman. No mal-intent then?

But what had the woman said, someone was waiting for us, all except the devil’s child? It was puzzling… but if Themaris was correct, then this group here might all have divine lineage…or something like it, it seems.

She steeled herself, raising her chin and taking in a breath of the misty air. The letter that suddenly weighed what seems like fifty pounds was slid neatly in the hidden breast pocket of her coat. She drew it out as casually as she could, eyeing the others that they should follow suit. The school emblem was clearly visible on the parchment as she held it out to the old woman.

“We have them, madam. Rest assured.” Themaris did her best to sound confident, in order to put the woman at ease in light of her growing shows of violence. “Would you perhaps be here to guide us to him?”

wiltingdaisy94
    Participant

Jose appreciated that he was at least acknowledged by one of them. When the woman mentioned that they all had letters he furrowed his brow slightly, hand reaching into the pocket of his sweatshirt where he felt it, pulling it out and staring at it “wait what is this for?” He asked out loud, his accent a little hard to pinpoint. He rocked uneasily on his feet “where even is this place?”

BookVamp
    Participant

Rhea was happy to see that there were others that seemed just as confused as she was, and the appearance of the old woman seemed like a clue to get out here. Wherever they are. As the old woman spoke, she studies the others through her peripherals and can see clear age differences between all of them. One stood out to be more confident than the others, and she concludes it’s because of her seeming to be the oldest.

Seeing the paper from the eldest of the group, Rhea’s eyes grew in recognition. She digs through her bag and pulls out an envelope that she tried to destroy, thinking the contents inside was a huge joke only for it to come back time and time again.

Taking the sheet out with the symbol on it, she noticed how it glowed for a second when she handed hers to the old woman and she got ready for something to happen. Quickly assessing her surroundings and thinking of an escape she could take with the others.

ClinicalCharles
    Participant

It was late, the stars were out; most of the city would have turned in hours ago. Its absence was made obvious in the streets’ emptiness. Perhaps that was the appeal; having the city all to himself. Whitmore stood on the street’s corner waiting for the light to change, leaning causally against the lamp post, reading a worn paperback under its light. The cold air turned his breath to mist with every exhale, fogging his glasses every so slightly. He was of average height, with a lean build; though he always looked smaller with Damask, a German Shepherd/Siberian Husky Mix, sitting next to him.
    A gust of wind blew by as a faded gray taxi pulled up to the curb. He suppressed a shiver, pulling his toggle cardigan closed around his torso. Seamus was right, he should’ve worn a coat. Deciding that perhaps taking a taxi would be a wiser decision than braving the cold across town. Whitmore returned his book to the canvas messenger bag slung across one shoulder and, adjusting his grip on Damask’s leash, urged the K9 towards the vehicle.
    Upon closer inspection he could now see the company was called, “The Three Fates Taxi Service.” Beneath it there was something else inscribed, though faded to the point of being nearly illegible, he could’ve sworn he saw a year and the letters “BC.”
    With a sudden, and rather loud, creak! that caused Whitmore to jump back and Damask to position himself protectively in front of the boy, the driver’s side window started to roll down. A young African American woman, no more than her early or mid twenties, leaned out and gave them a gentle smile. There was something familiar about her, like the kind of person that you meet and feel like you’ve know them forever.
    “Need a ride, hon?” she asked, her voice was calm and soothing; almost motherly.
    He could feel Damask’s head press against him, his friend looking up at him as if to say, “Take the cab you fur-less dummy.” He nodded curtly, and the back door popped open as if his confirmation had commanded it.
    “Hop in!” the driver said. The was a bit of excitement in her voice, as if she had been awaiting this moment for years innumerable. There was another loud creak! as she rolled the window back up.
    Following Damask’s lead, Whitmore climbed into the cab, pulling the door shut behind him. Looking back through the divider at her newest passenger, she waited patiently for directions on where to go. It was a politeness he was unaccustomed to.
    With the click of his seat belt indicating it was now securely fastened, he said simply, “The library.”
    “Wherever you need to be, hon,” there was something knowing in her voice as she said it. She smiled warmly and slid the divider closed.
    The cab pulled away from the curb into the freedom of the night’s empty roads. Whitmore watched the city speed by out the window, absently scratching behind Damask’s ears as the pup rested his head on the boy’s lap. Everything was as it should be – right until a blinding white light filled the cab. It was gone just as fast as it had come.
    He was breathing heavy and his heart was racing, Damask was pressed tight to him, licking his hands trying to calm him; but the dog’s eyes never left the divider.
    When it slid open Damask’s muscles began to tense, but when the driver looked back, her expression concerned and apologetic, he relaxed and resumed licking Whitmore’s hand. “I’m so sorry, dear, didn’t mean to frighten you. It’s this old thing,” she slapped the dashboard with a bashful smile, “does that sometimes can’t for the life of me figure out why. I should’ve warned you. You go ahead take a minute, get yourself calmed down. We’re here when you’re all set, alright?”
    He nodded, confused. Confused by the light, confused by the woman’s kindness, confused by his already steadying breathing and slowing heart rate; but mostly, he was confused by the mysterious letter he had received this morning.
    Stepping out of the cab he adjusted the bag on his shoulder as his dog followed him out. Closing the car door he turned to leave, only to stop frozen in his tracks by the sight that meet his gaze.
    Nestled on the outskirts of an expanse of forest sits what appears to be a 1930s city neighborhood. As though someone had gone had and cut it from time and space to put it there. The very people look as though they had walked out of a noir film – and perhaps with all the muted color, they had.
    Whitmore turned to inquire with the cabbie, only to find that both she and the cab where gone. There was no trace that a cab had ever been there at all.
    He looked to Damask who merely cocked his head in mutual confusion.
    “H-Hey!” the voice came from across the way, just on the edge of the woods near an old cabin. A small group of teens was standing there, looking as confused and lost as Whitmore felt.
    He reached into his jeans pocket, pulling out the strange parchment letter. Before he could decide on a course of action, Damask gave a small ruff! and started towards the group, pulling Whitmore along. Tugging on the leash slightly, he watched carefully as one of the girls now spoke to an elder woman. They approached cautiously, stopping just behind the group in an attempt to remain unseen.
    “We have them, madam. Rest assured,” the girl sounded confident, her hair was brown not unlike his, it gave a nice contrast to her burgundy coat – even in this strange muted atmosphere. She held an umbrella. Fitting for the defacto leader. Among the group there were three others. A boy, probably a couple years younger than the rest, his dark hair was tied back and he bared lots of scars, Whitmore noted that one of his sweatshirt sleeves was tied off, an amputee maybe? He wouldn’t bring it up. A girl, shorter than average, small build, dark brown hair, black hoodie, hugging herself against the cold. A third girl stood cleaning her glasses on the hem of her shirt, she must live somewhere warm as she was dressed for summer in shorts.
    “Wait, what is this for?” the boy asked aloud, his voice was accented and he rocked uneasily on his feet, “Where even is this place?”
    Whitmore was called from his thoughts, looking around he noticed that some of the others held letters, much like the one he clutched in his hand. He stepped closer the group, Damask pressing impossibly close to him. He watched carefully as the girl wearing the hoodie rifled through her bag, pulling out the same letter. As she handed it to the woman standing before, the mysterious symbol glowed, if only for a second.
    Whitmore thought maybe now should be the time he spoke up. He held his silence. Damask always knew better than him when to speak.

Fly On,
    (|-=\) Charles Donté
    <3;

Angel
    Participant

The old lady continued to hold out her shaking hand until she held all four papers in her wrinkled palm. She pulled her unblinking eyes from Alexia and thumbed through the papers.

“A child of Athena. A son of Hecate. A daughter of Themis. And a young son of Susanoo. Oh. So he is accepting other deities now…” the old woman’s voice became hushed only for her last words, “things are escalating …” She held all four papers up to the muted sunlight that had managed to shine through the thick fog. The symbols of the gods and goddesses etched in either silver or gold let off a light illumination in the faint sunlight. Without looking away, she held out her empty hand to Alexia.

Alexia twisted the plane ticket in her hands and gingerly slid it into the old woman’s palm. Without hesitation, the old woman turned Alexia’s hand over, grabbed her wrist and pulled her with unexpected strength. This caught Alexia off guard and she fell to her knees in front of the old woman.

“And the devil’s child,” she hissed, so low that none of the others could hear.

“What are you talking about?!” Alexia gasped, attempting to pull away from the old woman, who had a grip of steel.

The old woman stared unblinkingly down at Alexia, as if having an internal monologue. She slowly released her grip and composed herself. “This is the wrong paper, dear. However, Alexia,” she squinted at the plane ticket to read the name, “perhaps you may not completely jeopardize these children’s mission to the academy.”

The old woman faced the group of children and smiled sweetly. Alexia scrambled to her feet and backed away. ‘What a nut job!’ she thought, rubbing her wrist.

“My dears. Not that you are all present, you must venture into the woods now. The academy is waiting for you. And so is he.” She nodded, handed the girl with the burgundy jacket all the papers, and turned slowly. She hobbled back to her little shack and left them.

ClinicalCharles
    Participant

Whitmore reached into his bag, removing a worn leather bound journal its edges frayed. Countless loose papers were tucked inside haphazardly. He opened to the most recent page near the back, at the top was scribbled “Mysterious Letter Cont.” followed by various notes regarding the letters contents, strange “visions” seconds before something happens allowing him to react, and everything he could find on the Goddess Hecate.

Beneath it he added:

Athena – Greek Goddess

Themis – Greek Titaness

Susanoo – Japanese God; Shinto

“Devil’s Child” – Literal Devil as in Biblical Lucifer? Perhaps Hades? Could be Anubis, Odin, or a <i>shinigami</i> maybe

Damask nipped his left hand, causing him to drop the pen he’d been writing with. Confused he looked up to see the the others looking at him expectantly. Before he could ponder why, there was a sound like rushing air and the edges of his vision blurred like LED lights in a vignette. He saw, or more accurately, sensed, one of them ask his name. Just like that the sound was gone and his vision cleared; the world silent save for the pitter-patter of the rain drops, and its colors muted, subdued, and dismal once again.

Kneeling to retrieve his pen from the dying grass, Whitmore answered the question before anyone had the chance to ask: “Spike. Just Spike.”

Straightening himself he resumed his writing, transcribing this most recent foresight. He paused only to gesture to his canine companion and say, “He’s Damask.” Giving a gentle ruff, the large, mostly russet colored dog began sniffing the ground around Spike’s feet.

Fly On,
    (|-=\) Charles Donté
    <3;

wiltingdaisy94
    Participant

Jose felt less and less like he knew what the heck was happening, and that feeling of tenseness in his shoulders… or, more accurately… shoulder- wasn’t leaving him anytime soon. He looked back at the guy who introduced himself  seemingly without prompting and his dog. Jose held onto his sweater sleeve as he looked at the others here, all older than him. Great. So that’s why the lady had called him the “young” son. Young compared to them, it seemed

“Well uh, nobody asked” He shrugged “Pero supongo que es bueno saberlo?” He muttered the spanish to himself “so uh… anyone else getting ‘creepy horror movie’ vibes or….?” He tried to keep his tone light- mostly for his own sake. He didn’t know these people. He was tapping his foot behind him rhythmically- a tick to try to remain chill despite being in an unfamiliar place with unfamiliar people

BookVamp
    Participant

Rhea can sense that there was some serious tension going on, and it was making the group feel awkward to be around. But they were the only other ones in the same situation as her, so she knew they all had to stick together to get through this.

Luckily, the youngest one of them asked them a question. It was a good start, and Rhea makes it a goal to try and bring a positive spin on this, hopefully releasing any tension. “I can see where you’re coming from with the horror movie thing, but I get more of a start to an exciting adventure.” She places a smile on her face as her arms move around as she talks, “It’s like we’ve all been chosen for a reason, and they’ve brought us here to teach us something.”

As she talks, she sees that they just start at her with no reaction, and she just thinks she’s making a fool out of herself again. “Well, that’s my two cents on the matter.” She hides her worry that she talked too much, and smiles again. “And I’m Rhea by the way. And I don’t know what I’m doing really.”

BuriedHeart
    Participant

Themaris’ caught the dim glow of the other letter from her peripheral vision, and it confirmed her suspicions that each of them held a kind of divine aura. She watched carefully as the old woman took each of their letters, inspecting them idly as though she’d done it countless times before, and perhaps she had. Again, holding them up to the light, the emblems emblazoned on each letter emitted that ethereal glow.

As she watched, Themaris noted another teen enter their rag tag group. She only afforded him a quick glance, however, because it was in the next moment where the girl who’d first arrived suddenly fell to her knees before the old woman. Themaris tensed, eyes quickly locked on the pair where she noticed the old woman had roughly pulled her down that way. Her own foot inched forward in readiness to pull the girl back, but she did not yet act. She did her best to listen, but there was something else… something Themaris was sure was said but had been too quiet to hear. She knitted her brows in thought over that, but the interaction was over as quickly as it had started and the girl, Alexia, was standing back up before Themaris could offer her a hand. The old woman handed Themaris all the letters and then turned and left them all with only one instruction.

“Not here to guide us then…” she muttered quietly to herself. Themaris sighed and turned towards the group, listening to them all. The boy who just arrived seemed to have stilled a moment just before giving his introductions. That was familiar to her, and as the youngest gave his retort about no one having asked, Themaris couldn’t resist the upturned quirk of her lips.

“Not yet, at least,” she approached them all absently, handing them each back their letters, beginning with Spike. She gave him the respect of not looking at the name written there, sensing he’d chosen Spike for a reason. Whether the woman was giving her responsibility or not, Themaris decided the last thing she wanted to do in this group that she sensed she’d be spending the next substantial amount of time with for as long as Chronos and the Fates saw fit, was to take charge without earning it. There were all equals here, and she was not her mother; she was in no position to place judgement.

“My name is Themaris,” she said loud enough for them all to hear.

She cleared her throat, approaching Rhea for her letter next. “I’m not sure any of us really know exactly what we are doing… but I believe you are correct, Rhea. There are higher powers at work here… we are certainly not here for a vacation. Whether or not we are in for horror or adventure, however, I’d say we could always flip a coin,” she added with a shrug. It was her dry attempt at humor, also trying to lighten the mood. She handed Jose his letter, smiling reassuringly, but not sharing his name even as she saw it at a glance etched into the parchment, then made her way to Alexia, speaking as she went.

“Our only option is to go forward,” she went on, nodding her head in the direction of the deep wood. “This is after all ‘where we need to be‘.”

She smiled subtly, trying to be reassuring, and lowered her voice as she spoke to Alexia.

“Are you alright?” Themaris asked her, hand outstretched offering the letter back to her.

Angel
    Participant

Alexia shook her head and kept her hands close to her. “Might as well toss it. It’s a plane ticket, and I’m pretty sure I’m not going to be making my flight.” her tone was flat, yet her face showed disappointment. “I didn’t get a letter like the rest of you. But that cab dropped me here, so there’s nothing I can do about that. I’ll help as best I can, but …” she dropped her voice low enough for only Themaris to hear, “I don’t think “he” is expecting me. I’ll go in first. I live near the red woods and I can navigate them without a map. Plus … if one of us doesn’t make it, it might as well be me.” She stopped rubbing her wrist and slid her hands into her pockets. She shrugged slightly and stepped around Themaris.

“Let’s go, kiddos,” She smiled warmly, her voice strong and demanding. She had plenty of practice with conducting groups of confused teens from working in her Aunt’s at risk program, so how hard could a group of young adults and one kid be?

“If we keep standing around here twiddling our thumbs, we’ll just freeze.” Alexia headed into the woods, taking what looked to be an over grown path. The ground was damp and gave in slightly under her sneakers, but the forest gave off a smell she was all too familiar with from the large red wood trees she lived next to. She looked up into the sky, thinking it might be slightly difficult to navigate should it get darker and the sky remain cloudy.

High in the trees only a few miles away from them, a young man sat perched on a thick branch of a tree, holding up a pair of binoculars. He was dressed in armor that covered his chest, back, arms, and thighs, accompanied with a tightly woven black fabric that shaped perfectly to his body. “Aye, they’re finally moving!” he called out to a few others, dressed similarly, all perched in the surrounding trees.

“Yell louder, smart mouth,” another young man said from a few branches below, “I don’t think they heard you.”

The first became rigid on his branch and gulped. “Sorry, Alexander. I just thought-”

“Don’t do that,” Alexander said sharply, resting his hand on his sword and standing as still as stone, “Don’t do anything unless I tell you. This is their first task as academy students and I won’t have you messing it up.” As a stray ray of light broke through the fog, the symbol of Hephaestus glinted from his chest plate. “You will all wait for my signal.”

“Who died and made you king?” Another voice came from the trees.

“I did,” Alexander said coldly. “Now enough from you children of Aires … or you’ll ruin the fun.”

BuriedHeart
    Participant

Themaris glanced down at the plane ticket she had assumed was a letter and tucked it away in her pocket with something of a smile when Alexia did take it. She came to enjoy surprises so this didn’t bother her so much as it gave her some internal embarrassment.

Themaris kept her comments to herself, trusting Alexia had a reason not to be as forthcoming as the rest of them, instead gesturing her to lead on as she wanted. She fell in step behind her casually, her things in tow. Mostly books and clothing. Even so, everything had its uses.

She felt the need however to address something, lengthening her strides just enough to walk beside her. “We’re all going to make it, Alexia. I won’t stand for any unnecessary sacrifices while I’m still breathing. And if you’e someone our host isn’t expecting, then that makes you our Wild Card, no?” she finished off with a slight smirk.

She lowered her umbrella, shaking off the rain water and closing it up now that they were under the cover of trees. She kept it in hand, however, and if one had a keen eye they might see the handle as being atypical for any regular umbrella. It did not curve, but instead was a straight point, carved in the shape of an elongated diamond and the colour of pewter with an amber stone embedded just before the shaft that appeared somewhat wider than necessary. This last detail was hidden away once the folds of black became closed.

Themaris offered a glance over her shoulder to make sure the rest were following, but as well to make certain that no one else was. As they walked through the red woo, that sense of being watched gnawed at her, chilling her neck. There was nothing behind them. Still, the deeper they went, the more insistent that feeling became.

Breathe, she told herself. Themaris shut her eyes, trying to see something. Anything. But visions did not come when they were called. It was in this state of meditation that she thought she’d heard a voice and her warm brown eyes shot open. She resisted the urge to stop walking, in order to appear normal in case anyone was indeed watching them. Instead, Themaris quietly addressed the group lowering her voice, but making a point to act casual hoping they’d understand.

“Anyone catch that, or am I hearing things?”  Her grip on the umbrella tightened ever so slightly.

wiltingdaisy94
    Participant

Muttering a “grasias” to Themaris, Jose was starting to realize he was already being pegged a “kid” in this group of teenagers. He didn’t even try to hide the look of distaste at her phrasing, though he said nothing. He shoved the letter into his pocket and didn’t respond to what anyone was saying.

Frankly, he just wanted to get to this stupid academy, and demand to be sent home before his father found out that he was missing. There was going to be at the very least a nasty and property-destroying calamity of a storm.

Jose vaguely heard something and turned his head. When Themaris spoke, he huffed. “Not hearing things. I repeat my horror movie theory”

ClinicalCharles
    Participant

Spike accepted the letter without looking up from his writing, only half listening as the others exchanged a few words. He followed along absentmindedly as they began walking into the cover of the red wood trees. Dasmask trotted a few steps ahead, sniffing the ground eagerly.

The group hadn’t been walking long when the faint, distant sound of someone’s voice reached his ears. He gave no indication he’d noticed. His blue eyes flicked to Damask, still sniffing about as he walked, but his ears were perked listening with caution.

Themaris spoke softly; she’d heard it too. It was Jose’s retort that sent Spike’s eyes searching.

He didn’t need any abilities to know what was happening.

“We’re being watched,” he stated, his tone flat.

Fly On,
    (|-=\) Charles Donté
    <3;

Angel
    Participant

Alexander’s lip curled into a sneer as he listened closely. “Thanks to your loud mouth, we’ve been made. Not fully, but enough for us to lose the element of surprise; they know we’re here, they just don’t know where.”

A frail voice piped up from the branch above, where the first had spoken previously, “I-I’m really sorry Alexander, I just-”

“Oh, for the love of the Gods, do not apologize,” Alexander sighed, rolling his eyes, “just go down there and release the Aeternae.”

Without making a sound, the young man dropped down to the tree branch that Alexander was on and stood a good distance away. “Are you … sure? What if it, you know … kills them?”

“Now, I’ll let you know what I just heard there. I heard that half the house of Aries and the head of the house of Zeus will be unable to protect three teenagers and a child on a mission we have planned and executed successfully on multiple occasions. Now, go release it before I release you from your duties. Permanently.” Alexander watched as the head of the Zeus house bit his lip and nervously, yet gracefully, dropped down to the forest floor and approach a large metal cage, easily four times his size.

In the cage a creature of massive size sat waiting.It had the body of an ogre, discolored, filthy, and riddled with scars, and a head of a triceratops. It had one long bony, saw-toothed protuberance sprouting from it’s head, and another that had been broken off, all that remained was a nub, a few inches next to the long one. The creature was silent and breathed lightly for its size. As the child of Zeus approached, it’s beady black eyes stared down at him and watched carefully as the small demi-god fumbled with the locks, until the last one had been undone. Slowly, and with purpose, the enormous creature crawled out of its cage on all four legs. It breathed from its nostrils, and when it exhaled, it parted the fog around it.

“Even if our cover was blown, we can still see what they’re made of.” Alexander drew his sword and banged it once on his shield. The monster lurched upwards, its horn getting caught on a few branches as it rose and sliced them all from their limbs. It let out a sound of distress before turning to face the young man standing on the branch. “Come now, don’t look at me like that,” Alexander cooed at the monster, a small smile forming, “Just be gentle. They’re young little demi-gods; they have little to no gasp on their abilities. So be gentle and you won’t kill any of them, yeah? This isn’t the amphitheater … you don’t have to fight for your life anymore.”

The monster examined Alexander with its beady eyes as if he understood every word, drew in a deep breath and huffed, and then turned away. It slowly made its way forward, the ground shaking violently under its steps.

It was a few minutes after Spike had spoken when the ground began to vibrate under Alexia’s sneakers. She stopped dead in her tracks and held up her hand to indicate the group do the same. They had gotten far enough already where it would have been too long of a trek back to the village, so whatever was going to happen next, they had to face it head on.

“And this is where the weird begins, I’m assuming?” She said out loud, her voice shaking slightly as a large shadow covered the ground in front of her. She took a deep breath as she slowly raised her head up to find where the shadow was coming from. The monster was close. But not quite close enough for it to spot them. What set Alexia shaking was the one long, black, spike sticking up from the cover of the trees. “Yeah, that’s not a tree …”

As much as Alexia wanted to turn right around and run, she knew it would follow them. She peered ahead and saw a small cluster of trees, at least four or five that had grown together, and turned to face the others. “Let’s get over to those trees for some shelter. I don’t know what the hell to do, but maybe we can come up with something while we’re not in plain sight.”

BuriedHeart
    Participant

Themaris stilled, placing her hand upon the tree while the rumbling of the earth began. She did not do this only for balance. Her brown eyes closed in a focused manner, and the sensation in the ground was not only intensified, but Themaris found suddenly that she could see it. Her eyes shot open just as Alexia gave her suggestion, thinking it was the best plan to be sure. She’d consider climbing the trees too if she weren’t positive this thing wouldn’t knock it down. And then there was Damask… there couldn’t get Spikes’ dog up in a tree. Themaris clenched her hand in frustration around her sheathed umbrella. It would do nothing against what was coming. Not without finding a soft spot or getting a great shot. Her best chance was to gain height on it.

“She’s right,” she said quickly to the others. “Let’s move. …Alexia. I saw it. It’s no fluffy rabbit. We have to figure something out. Guys. Now would be the time to share some fantastic feats of yours. Which one of you is descended from Athena? We could use your tactical prowess.”

wiltingdaisy94
    Participant

“Tactical? You want to fight that thing?” Jose looked at the group incredulously, speaking low as they head for the cover “I’d rather, you know, not risk dying? ” he huffed. He decided as they hit the cover to at least make himself useful to these strangers

“I don’t have much control over it but I’ve got a bit of power over rain. I can create a fog, for a period” he offered. He’d personally use it to escape, but if these guys wanted to try to get at it it’s not like he could stop them. He looked back to see if he could spot the threat.

The more this went on the worse a feeling he got. Where was this place? Why was he the only son of a Japanese god? Who the heck were these other people? More importantly when could he go home? He bit his tongue to keep his frustration down.

Angel
    Participant

(Should we keep this going?)

wiltingdaisy94
    Participant

((well i’m still here))

Angel
    Participant

(lmao will we be the last ones standing like always?? I’m down for continuing cause it’s been like a week)

BuriedHeart
    Participant

(I’m also still here. I was waiting for others.)

Angel
      Participant

(I was waiting too, but it’s been a week so I was just wondering what you guys thought. I’m okay with waiting another day or so)

wiltingdaisy94
    Participant

(( we were waiting on clinicalcharles right? ))

ClinicalCharles
    Participant

(I was waiting for BookVamp)

Fly On,
    (|-=\) Charles Donté
    <3;

Angel
      Participant

(You can reply and then if she’s still here to RP then she can reply after)

wiltingdaisy94
    Participant

(New rule: if someone does not reply within 3 days we continue on reguardless. They can always hop back in but we can’t just abandon this if all but one can’t participate due to time, irl stuff etc)

Angel
      Participant

(I agree. If they don’t reply by tomorrow -it’ll be more than a week at that point- then we’re moving on)

wiltingdaisy94
    Participant

((Times up!! Whoever was next, please post up a reply!))

Angel
      Participant

(ClinicalCharles should be next and then I’ll go)

Angel
    Participant

Alexia nodded at Jose, “I think a fog would work great. If you can create one close to his line of sight, or even one for us to duck under, maybe we can figure out a way to incapacitate it. And,” Alexia turned to Themaris, “You said you saw it? Did it look like it had any weak spots? Like … eyes or a soft stomach or something?” Alexia was no daughter of Athena, she knew that much as her plan was weak and lacked any tactical details. It was her anxiety and worry bubbling up that was activating her natural instincts of fight or flight, and she already knew she couldn’t take flight from this situation.

The ground started shaking even more violently and the cries of the monster could now be heard, along with the crashing of trees and splintering of wood.

“I don’t have any tactical prowess, so I don’t know if it will work but we have to try,” Alexia said again, inching towards the edge of their shelter and peering around. Her stomach did a flip as she caught a brief glimpse of a tree smashing to the ground only a few yards away. She gripped the bark of the tree tightly in her hand, causing some of it to splinter. As she did so, she felt something vibrate, ever so slightly, under her finger tips. It wasn’t the vibrations from the monster either, it was something more gentle and independent.

BookVamp
    Participant

(So sorry guys!! I was stuck doing exams for the pass couple weeks and had no free time to jump in. But I’ll get right to it now)
    Silently watching the group’s panic, Rhea took a deep breath in to calm her heart. She’s never been in a life and death situation with a huge create, but she has been with a rabid dog before. Though that’s stretching the situation, she knew nothing good will happen if she rushed her thoughts.
    Hearing that they could use fog, she thought it was a good idea to have that to their advantage. Knowing that the create was much bigger than them, they could use the fog as a smoke screen and if they had a rope they could get the creature to go down. Her mind is filled with possible ways they could handle this, but she still had too little information.
    “Jose, I want you to stay here and concentrate on keeping up the fog as thick as you can, and for as long as you can. Ok? This is a really crucial part.” Rhea didn’t even wait for a response before turning to the others. “Does anyone have a long rope we could use? That way we can avoid fighting that thing head on. If not, I need to know if any of you have any experience in gymnastics or climbing things cause that’d be plan B.”

ClinicalCharles
    Participant

Lifting the strap of his messenger bag over his head, Spike ducked down beneath the cover of the trees, Damask protectively plastered closed to him. He could feel the ground shake with each crash! of a collapsing tree. His mind was racing; focus split between the group exchanging ideas, and trying to find something from all the Indian Jones-esque adventures Seamus had taken him on that could help. Scanning the surrounding terrain he noted Jose’s mention of controlling rain, thinking to himself, fitting for a son of Sussano. I wonder if he can control lightening, too?

Rhea was asking about rope and climbing experience when he spotted it: just past the treeline, about 60 yards out, where the woods gave way to an escarpment. They could topple this creature right over the cliff’s edge.

A small, mischievous smirk tugged at one corner of his mouth as he turned back to the others, answering Rhea, “Both, actually.”

Turning his gaze back in the direction of the escarpment, he pointed and added, “We should use that cliff, too.” He brought his hand back to rest against Damask, his eyes drifting back to the small ragtag group.

“They bigger they are, the harder they fall,” there was a hint of amusement in his voice, smirk turning to grin.

Fly On,
    (|-=\) Charles Donté
    <3;

BookVamp
    Participant

Looking out at the direction Spike pointed out, Rhea could see the cliff and her eyes widen in delight at the new possibility. It makes things much easier to just get the creature to trip and fall down the cliff. No need for a weapon or even to fight, there would also be enough time for everyone to make a run for it once it’s down. The perfect scenario for them right now.

She matched Spike’s smile with her own as she grew more confident with the plan forming in her mind. “Brilliant suggestion! That cliff just increased our chances of survival.”

Rhea points to where two trees have a large gap between them, “When the creature gets here, Jose will get the fog going and two people will use that as cover to get to those trees and tie the rope tightly. Hopefully the trees are strong enough to trip this beast.” Another tree fell in be distance, “From the sound of things, I suggest to tie it at least 3 feet high.”

Rummaging through her bag, she pulls out some plastic bags and starts to fill one of them with dirt. “While that’s going on, the other two people will have to get close to the beast and climb onto it, get as close as you can to the face and throw this dirty into the eyes. Once it starts to struggle, jump off and get to safety. The group at the trees will then make some noise that will lure the creature towards them, having the beast go close to the cliff and fall.”

She looks at each one of them and tries to hold back some doubt. “Since I don’t know what you guys are capable of doing, I’d want you to choose what part you’re most comfortable doing. I’ll take whatever part is left.” Once those words left her mouth, all possibilities of failure come rushing in but she kept her composure. The worst thing that could happen to them is to have fear slow anyone down.

wiltingdaisy94
    Participant

Jose stared at these older teens with a look that could be best described as “Are you kidding me?”, his one arm lax at his side as he tries to comprehend the plan thats being plotted around him – not with him. He was close to sneering and just ditching this group, but he was smart enough to though that theres safety in numbers.

“Do I??? Give off the impression??? that I can control the fog like that??” He asked aloud, practically begging to be heard at this point. “I can make it, i can’t move it around like a water bender!” He huffed. he wished he could cross his arms in a way that didn’t look ridiculous “And i offered it so we could, ya know, run” He waved his arm over to the empty forest away from the beast. “Why are you guys tryin’ to like, toss it off the cliff or something? I’m not gettin’ your logic do you guys even have any powers?” His hand went through his hair, getting stuck in his ponytail before he unceremoniously pulled the band out so he didn’t feel the pull on his head that was starting to aid in his headache. This whole situation was really starting to stress him out as he took a deep breath- attempting to calm down “But if you doofuses are going to risk your lives, fine. I’ll make the friggin fog. But I can only summon it around me. Thats the whole point of my father teaching to me”

After all, when you’ve only got one arm running is usually the best option… but he didn’t actually say that part out loud

Angel
    Participant

Alexia looked back at Jose as he spoke. She understood where he was coming from- no one had actually asked him the extent of his abilities. As she pulled her hand away from the tree to turn to him, spikes of wood jutted out from where her finger tips had rested, but she did not notice.

“Jose’s right,” She said, taking in a breath of the chill air around them. Her skin was covered in goosebumps; both from the cold and her fear. “We’re just tossing this plan around like we actually know each other and our abilities. I don’t even know if I have any myself, but let’s face it … Do we really expect a child to manipulate the weather on such a grand scale? Perhaps if he uses the fog to cover himself and stay safe,” Alexia looked at the other three as she crawled closer to Jose. Again, wherever her hands touched, the ground became distorted, but this time it was little sprouts that shot up from the ground, but she didn’t notice.

“Jose,” Alexia smiled slightly at the young boy as she shifted to a crouching position, “Would it be within your abilities to cover yourself and one other person? This way, you two could sneak around and past the monster to get away from its line of sight,” she tuned to look at Rhea, “Perhaps that could be more of a tactical advantage as opposed to all of us just being in plain view?”

The monster continued moving, slowly, but it’s tiny beating eyes scanned the forest floor for something … something like a small cluster of trees- where one tree was starting to sprout a few extra branches. It wasn’t the curiosity of this act that caught the monster’s attention, but the movement. It now had a target.

Alexander crouched in a tree only a few feet to the left of the monster, giving him a clear view of everything, and everyone, that was in front of him. He counted out the number of people on the ground and scowled when he reached five.

“Hey,” he motioned for the son of Zeus to move closer to him, “Were we not expecting only four? Who is this fifth girl?”

The son of Zeus pulled out his binoculars and focused in on the group. After a second he scrunched his nose and held the binoculars out to Alexander. “I dunno, but that girl looks an awful lot like that picture you have in your room and-”

Alexander snatched the binoculars with such force that the son of Zeus almost toppled from the tree. He shoved them up to his face and scanned the whole group- the two young women with the boy and a dog, the small child with one arm, and then the other girl.

“This is dangerous,” Alexander said after examining Alexia closely, “That … is Alexia.” His breath seemed to be taken away at the last word and he slowly lowered the binoculars, turning to face the son of Zeus.

“Alexia? Who the heck is that?” He asked, unsettled at the look of shock, which was very uncommon, on Alexander’s face.

“The daughter of Hades. A woman I knew … a very, very, long time ago,” he turned his head back to the group huddled on the ground, “and it doesn’t look like she knows what she’s doing- the tree, the sprouts; all signs of a power unknown. She is a child of the three original gods, like yourself, so you know how dangerous this can get- she’s a plague to the group. She’ll kill them all if this trial is brought to completion. And if she does that, the prophecy cannot be carried out; that original group is essential to the world’s survival.”

The son of Zeus shot up and stood rigid on the tree branch, “If she’s the daughter of Hades, she can kill them all if this gets out of hand. We have to abort, Alexander, we have to!” he screamed the last few words and drew his sword from his side, crouching to jump. The noise of his scream caught the monster’s attention and set him into a frenzy; loud noises tended to do that.

“Everyone,” the son of Zeus called, raising his sword, “Apprehend the monster and bring the group to safety. Their abilities will be tested another day. Death cannot come upon them.”

Alexander noticed what he had not though; the monster had advanced far more quickly and was now right above the group, tearing down the trees they had been using for safety. Chunks of wood and leaves started raining down upon them. Instinctually, he launched himself from the branch and skidded to a hault on the ground, and as soon as he gained his balance, he darted off towards Alexia and Jose, the rest of his team following closely behind; their intentions to subdue the beast and save the other three.

Alexia screamed as a huge piece hurdled towards her and Jose, and without much though, she simple screamed, “Run!” as she lurched forward and snatched up Jose before he could get hit with a falling chunk of wood. They nearly avoided the huge pice, which could have been the size of a car, and tumbled down a small slope.

ClinicalCharles
    Participant

Spike watched, with a slight bemusement, as Alexia turned to Jose; where her hand had rested against the bark of the tree, spikes of wood now protruded like shrapnel. He half listened as she spoke, more focused on the way sprouts rose from the ground where her hands touched it.

She didn’t even notice – but the monster had.

The ground grew heavy with the fast approaching footfalls of their pursuer. Rushing air filled Spike’s ears, the edges of his vision blurring. This time was different. It wasn’t just a feeling, a sense of something happening. It was so much more.

This time he could see them, the group, huddled beneath a cluster of trees. He could the see the monster: see it’s full stature rising into the treetops; see it’s ogre like body, discolored, dirty, and amassed with scars; see it’s head, like that of a triceratops; see the long, saw-toothed horn rising up from it’s from head, the broken remains of a second beside it. He could see this creature charging their hideout, tearing at the trees. He could see the broken branches and snapped chunks of tree trunk falling to the ground around them.

It wasn’t just his sight that was pulled into this… this vision. It was his hearing, his smell, his taste, his touch.

He could feel the earth shaking. He could feel the trees snapping apart behind his back, and the weight of each piece as it crashed to the ground. He could feel the cold gusts of wind kicked up from the falling debris. He could feel his body shaking in fear. He could feel Damask’s muscles tensing, in both fear and anger, the large dog pressing impossibly close to him. He could feel the low, guttural, growl forming in his dog’s throat.

He could smell the trees, the woodsy smell of a forest on a chill autumn day. He could smell Damask, that dog musk, which for this particular pup always held hints of bonfire smoke and coffee. He could smell the monster, the rancid stench of every gross smelling thing to ever assault your nostrils.

He could taste that parched mouth taste in his mouth. He could taste the air – cold and harsh – thick with tension, fear, and expectation. He could taste that monster’s foul odor, the way you can taste something particularly nasty smelling.

He could hear it. Hear the cries of the beast, Damask’s protective growl, the shouts of his companions as they shielded themselves from the onslaught. He could hear other voices, too. Shouting orders they were faded, as though from a distance, and unfamiliar.

Just like that, the vision faded. The monster only now bearing down on the group.

A large chunk of wood, easily the size of a small car, came barreling towards Alexia and Jose; quickly followed by another – aimed for the rest of them.

Reacting faster than he knew he could, and to what he didn’t yet know, Spike leapt into action tackling Themaris and Rhea back against the trees. Not a second latter a sweeping branch came crashing down where they had been.

He barely had time to register Damask barking as he bolted after Alexia and Jose, now tumbling down a nearby slope.

Fly On,
    (|-=\) Charles Donté
    <3;

wiltingdaisy94
    Participant

Jose quickly righted himself as he got to the end of the slope, and without giving her any time to ask if he was okay turned to her and got a little in her face

He held up his index finger”One: thanks for the save- I owe you.” he held up two fingers “Two: i’m FOURTEEN NOT SEVEN – stop talking to me i’m a child when i’m only like, what, 3 years younger than you??” He raised yet another finger “and three you still didn’t listen to me its like what i’m saying is going right over your head! ” he raised his arm in exasperation “Lo juro, todos ustedes son sordos!!” He grumbled to himself, annoyed

Jose looked up and saw Spike coming towards them, and looked back at her, almost immediately feeling bad for unloading on her like that. “… Can you stand?” He asked, his voice a bit quieter as he both shrunk in on himself and listened for the beast. He couldn’t tell if it was coming closer or not.

Angel
      Participant

(OMG I thought Jose was a little kid- my bad! Old habits lmao)

wiltingdaisy94
        Participant

((lmao its okay i find it kinda funny xD he’s the shortest and youngest looking so it makes sense he’d be babied – though i think he’s the only one fully aware of his godly heritage? XD))

Angel
    Participant

(I totally think he is- Alexia has no clue about her heritage and she had no access to her powers until now lol)

Alexia was laying on the ground as Jose spoke to her, and slowly pushed herself up as he finished talking. She would have to admit that she was only half listening as there was so much going on right in the moment; She heard the trees crashing down, Damask barking after them, and the screams of the monster. Even worse, her head was throbbing like someone had smashed it with a hammer; her vision was blurred and her head was swimming. She put her hand up to her forehead and felt an uncomfortable amount of something sticky and warm dripping down her face.

“Oh gross,” she gasped, pulling her hand away to see a puddle of blood in her palm. She gaged and wiped the blood on her shirt before putting her hand back up to the gash. There was a rock covered in blood right where she had been laying. “Oh, yeah … that’ll do it.”

She swallowed hard and then looked up at Jose, who was standing only a few feet from her. “I’m sorry for treating you like a child- old habits I suppose,” she forced a smile through her pain and braced herself to stand as she continued speaking, “I teach at a music school with my Aunt back in Cali, so I guess I just jump into that … role …” she let out a heavy sigh as she stood, stumbled back a bit, and then regained her balance. As she did so, there was the sound of clanking metal only a few feet from them, drawing Alexia’s attention from Jose and towards the out of place sound.

Alexander stood cautiously a few feet away, his hand resting on the handle of his sword. “Are you two alright?” he asked, his voice wavering as he looked at the amount of blood dripping down Alexia’s face.

Alexia instinctively stepped in front of Jose and held out her arm in a protective gesture. She took her other hand from her face and formed a fist as she spoke, “Who are you- no, don’t come closer,” she demanded as Alexander took a step towards her, but instantly froze when she said so, “Are you the one who unleashed this beast? Don’t lie; you’re dressed in full armor in the middle of the woods. Clearly you have a purpose.”

“My purpose is to get you to safety and treat your wound,” Alexander bowed as he said this, eliciting an eyebrow raise from Alexia, “My name is Alexander and I am from the house of Hephaestus at Lamarck Academy, however we do not have time for thorough introductions, dear Alexia,” Alexander returned upwards from his bow, drew his sword and turned just in time so slice an incoming chunk of tree, the two ends rolling to a stop on the opposite sides of Jose and Alexia, that would have surely taken all three of them out.

Alexander held his gloved hand out for her to take, smiling warmly, yet worry clearly brimming in his eyes as he watched the blood dripping from her face.

Alexia remained still for a moment then crouched down to whisper to Jose, “Should we trust this guy? That’s why you guys are here, for that academy, right?”

wiltingdaisy94
    Participant

Jose watched the conversation with skepticism and confusion- which was starting to become his default emotions at the present moment. if the boy could roll his eyes into another dimension he would have when Alexia decided to get all protective and stand in front of him. More babying, how nice. He quite simply walked aside her, though not in front of.

“Uh, last I checked I was home schooled. I was headed to lunch with my mom and siblings when i got dropped off here.” He explained with a one-shouldered shrug. “But if he can get my closer to, you know, getting home, i’m game” he glanced at her”also you uh, don’t have to stand in front of me like that? I’m not gonna repeat my rant from before about my age” He looks over at Alexander, his violet eyes scanned the guy- he looked unimpressed, wild black hair curling about in the wind. There was a small rumble of thunder overhead – perhaps from Jose’s gradually growing annoyance. “Is there a particular reason you’re dressed like you’re starring in a Heracles movie or is this all a really elaborate “Medieval Times” thing?”

((Jose is a sassy little butt lol sorry if he’s being difficult

also where did everybody go?))

Angel
    Participant

(I wouldn’t have him any other way- classic Jose lol)

(And IDK where everyone went but I’m kinda bummed waiting the three days for someone to reply and they never do- I’m so used to us having such fast paced RPs lol)

Angel
    Participant

Before Alexia stood, she gave Jose an apologetic smile, “Again, my bad. Force of habit. I’m sure if you call me out on it enough though, I’ll stop.” She shakily rose and examined Alexander. It wasn’t as if they weren’t in a tight spot already .. and if he could get them to the academy, why not.

“Okay, Alexander, we’ll let you help us. But no funny business. I’m seriously not in the mood,” Alexia’s expression was that of annoyance as the pain in her head grew sharper. Her vision was starting to blur from the pain, but she willed herself to stay standing up.

Alexander gave her a warm smile and advanced quickly, taking her hand in his, “Thank you, and, please don’t fight me on this-” he pulled her close and scooped her up in his arms, adjusting her so she was cradled in his left arm while he held his sword with his right. “You won’t be able to walk for much longer and we might as well start out like this to save us any fumbles in the field. I hate to admit this to you, but you would only slow us down.”

Alexia scrunched her face in disgust but the raging headache prevented her from arguing, and instead she found herself leaning against his cool armor in an attempt to ease the pain. This, Alexander did not mind. He looked down at Jose and motioned with his sword.

“Alright, little Demi-god. You seem to be the most competent with your abilities, and since that is the case, you will have to defend yourself. What a relief it is to not have to baby a new student for once. All I ask is that you follow me and stay close so we can make this trip as efficient as possible. Are you ready?” Alexander’s warm smile had faded when he felt Alexia’s body go limp in his arm; knowing that she was unconscious was an odd relief as he could put more of his attention on what was ahead.

Up the hill and a few yards away, the other armored students were surrounding the large beast- the son of Zeus taking the lead and hitting his sword off his shield as Alexander had done earlier. The noise sent the beast on edge; its pupils got smaller and its body went rigid. As the beast was distracted, two other students slowly and carefully edged up to the side of he beast, both holding heavy restraints in their hands. On their chest plates, the symbol of Aries; a warriors helmet with a spear impaling it vertically, shone dimly in the catching rays of the sun. Behind the beast, a row of Aries children was gearing up with even more restraints.

“On my signal,” the son of Zeus called, banging on his shield as he spoke, “We take this down before Alexander comes back.”

wiltingdaisy94
    Participant

Jose huffed in annoyance as he walked up to him “Did you go out of your way to not hear the first part of that?” He followed, slightly annoyed by the extra sleeve of his sweatshirt – the knot had come undone in the chaos and was now just limp and useless on his right side “And Student??? i am *not* a student at this Hogwarts for demigods that ain’t happening here. I’m pretty happily homeschooled, thanks” He huffed, partially focused on trying to re-knot the useless sleeve.

Angel
    Participant

Alexander looked down at Jose and pushed one eyebrow down as he raised the other in confusion. “What is your problem? I am not treating you like a child, yet you’re acting like a baby. Get your act together; I don’t care who you are or who your father is, and I certainly do not care if you don’t think you belong at the academy or not. That’s not my problem. I told you to defend yourself and the only reason why I want you to stay close is so you don’t get lost and we can get back to the academy as soon as possible. And once we get there, you can go to the crows for all I care. I’m only here for a favor to the headmaster, and now, for Alexia. I don’t personally care for you so I wouldn’t normally protect you, however Alexia showed a small favoritism in you, and for that I’ll simply keep an eye on you.” Alexander rolled his eyes for having to deal with such an annoyance; he hated children and wished the headmaster had never started taking them in in the first place.

As Alexander started forward, he listened carefully for signs of the beast ahead. He could hear the clanking of shackles and the distant voices of his team. Deciding to give them the benefit of the doubt, Alexander sheathed his sword. Once he had made it over the slope and was on flat land, he removed his scarlet sash from his waist, which had the symbol of Hephaestus embroidered on the end, and gently wrapped it around Alexia’s head. He carefully picked her back up and cradled her in both arms as he continued forward. As they neared the site of the most noise, Alexander stopped and watched from  the distance.

The children of Aries were now jumping, with inhuman distance, up to both of the beasts’ wrists and locking on the chains. Before the beast could pull away, the kids were back on the ground and pulling the chains with such strength, that the beast could hardly turn its wrists. The other kids, three on each side, then jumped from behind and landed on the beasts shoulders and each swung their chains one at a time around its neck before jumping off again and forcing the beast to fall with them. Once the beast was secure, a frail looking child around the same age and build as Jose carefully approached the beast as they took off the lid to a clay pot. They knelt down before the beast and held their hands over the pot, slowly moving their hands over to the beasts head. A trail of water followed the hands and the child made the water form a ring that encircled the beasts head until it started glowing.

“And the head of Poseidon house saves the day yet again,” Alexander announced loud enough for the others to hear him. He approached the group surrounding the beast and looked at the son of Zeus standing just behind the child of Poseidon.

“We have safely neutralized the threat sir,” the son of Zeus stood tall and at attention as Alexander stopped in front of him.

“Congratulations, Kody, would you like a cookie for doing such a basic task?” Alexander asked in a condescending tone. “Besides that, Jena is the one who neutralized the beast fully and the children of Aries have successfully tethered it. None the less … you two will accompany me, Alexia, and this boy named Jose back to the academy while the children of Aries put this beast back in the cage.”

Kody smiled nervously and relaxed his body as he nudged the child of Poseidon in the back with his foot.

“Agh, watch it will you?” Jena rolled her eyes as she motioned the water back into the clay pot, “I don’t need your pointy toes sticking into my back.” Jena gently put the lid back on the pot and stood, heaving it in her arms. Her ponytail bounce as she made her way over to Alexander and Jose. Her ocean green eyes sparkled brilliantly when she saw Jose.

“Oh my, you must be the child of Susanoo!” she adjusted the large pot in her arms in order to hold her hand out to him, “My name is Jena! First daughter of Poseidon. I’d recognize another child of an elemental god anywhere; such an honor to meet you.”

wiltingdaisy94
    Participant

Jose took a few seconds to collect himself after that mini-lecture from Alexander. Was his anxiety not obvious at this point? Was he going to have to start stuttering and shaking for them to take his anxious mood seriously? He huffed a bit- knowing he was acting childish. He went back to focusing on the useless sleeve, managing to one-handedly tie the knot again.

When Jena approached she startled the boy, causing him to jump and he stared at her as she spoke, taking a breath. Come on, Jose. Time to be mature. You’re smart, calm and collected. Come on. He looked down at her hand … of course, of course she held out the wrong hand. He lifted up his left hand and awkwardly said “Uh, wrong hand. Nice to meet you though” he greeted “I’m Jose and uh, elemental might not be the right word for my Papa. Weather is more accurate”

Angel
    Participant

Jena’s pale cheeks flushed with embarrassment as she realized she had held out the wrong hand, “Oh, I’m so sorry! It’s so hard to see with this huge pot in the way-” as she said that and attempted to shift the pot, Kody quickly took it from her arms and she smiled in thanks. Jena then turned back to Jose and held out the proper hand to shake his with enthusiasm.

“I suppose you are right, elemental isn’t exactly the right word- I was just thinking because both our fathers can control water, mostly the sea … at least I think yours can from what I read? I was just so excited to have a child from a different parthenon than Roman or Greek coming to stay with me!” Her smile was wide and warm as she let go of Jose’s hand. “Oh, and I do hope Alexander wasn’t too cruel … he’s not a fan of children. He only tolerates me because my father is one of the ‘big three’.”

“That’s untrue and you know it,” Alexander rolled his eyes as he gave Alexia’s head more support, “you aren’t a whiny little brat and you act older than your age. I respect you for you; I don’t care who your father is.”

Kody stood with the pot on his shoulder, supporting it with one hand, as he looked down at Alexia. “So … this is our cousin, huh? Much … frailer than I thought she’d be.”

Jena jumped to one side and landed in front of Alexander, shoving Kody to the side to get a good look at her cousin. “Oh my … Uncle Hades actually had a child? How unsettling. Does this mean that the prophecy-”

“Enough. Not here. And do not speak about this out loud. He hasn’t acknowledged her yet as his own and neither should we, should we desire to see the light of tomorrow.” Alexander held Alexia close and glared down at Jena.

“Alright, alright,” she said, holding her hands up in defense. She turned back to Jose and smiled, “C’mon, let’s get going! I can’t wait to show you my house; my brothers will be so excited to meet you. Just a heads up though; many of them were birthed from other sea or semi-sea creatures … I’m the only one who has a human mother. They’re all quite lovely though, and will make you feel right at home for your time at the academy, however long that will be.”

“Yeah, and maybe you two could pop over to the Zeus house for a bit and we can have a party to celebrate,” Kody smiled, realizing that Alexander had started walking ahead, past the monster and into the thick trees.

“You party every night,” Jena said, rolling her eyes, “even without a reason to celebrate.” she started forward, following behind Alexander, but also looking back to see if Jose was following her.

“Celebrate life, little cousin. Always,” Kody called after her as he gave Jose a friendly nudge, “celebrate life because you never know when it will end, especially with the hands we’ve been dealt.”

wiltingdaisy94
    Participant

Jose took in a deep breath and let it out as a slightly frustrated sigh. He just had to get to this damn school, find who the principal or superintendent or headmaster or whatever it is, and explain that this had to be some sort of mistake. There was no way he was supposed to be here. No way at all. He followed the others, not really sure what to say to them since they kept fitting from topic to topic without letting him interject.

he dug through his pocket and pulled out what looked like a ribbon, walking along with the others and reaching up to his hair. very carefully but skillfully he used the ribbon to tie his hair back up in a ponytail. Might as well

Angel
    Participant

The trek to the academy was long but beautiful. The fog was breaking and it was high noon; the golden rays of the sun played off the rustling leaves and shimmering dew. The more gentle noises of the forest took over and as they approached a river, the waters roaring and moving too swiftly for anyone to safely cross, two figures emerged from either side of the rocks centered in the middle of it.

“Oh, the great warriors have returned,” one figure mused as the other leaned casually against a small rock. The two figures were greenish blue and had the shape of a human, but the scales of a fish with fins growing from their forearms, back, and calves. One had long, dark blue hair that reached down over her back fin and the other had shoulder length dark green hair that he had braided over one ear.

“Hello, loves!” Jena smiled at the water nymphs as she approached the water first. Kody and Alexander stood a few feet behind, keeping a respectful distance.

“Hello Princess,” both of the nymphs purred, splashing in the water towards her and placing a few particularly shiny river stones at her feet.

Jena curtseyed, holding the edges of her pearl white tunic out to the side and then gracefully dipping down to collect the stones. “How beautiful! I will put them in the fountain at the house for all my brothers to see your beautiful gifts.”

“We are flattered, princess, however we cannot let anyone pass until you recite the motto.”

Jena stood and smiled, ““When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost.”

“Thank you, princess, you may all pass,” the nymphs said in unison, swimming to the side and willing the roaring water to part. Jenna nodded to the two of them and, while cradling the still wet rocks in her hands, stepped onto the rocky bottom of the riverbed and crossed.

Once all four of them had safely crossed, the nymphs allowed the river to resume its treacherous current. After another half hour of walking, the group approached a large mansion that was gated in by a high iron-rod fence. The appearance was stunning; the walls of the mansion were pearl while with tall pillars holding up the porch that would lead to the entrance accompanied by a garden of lush greenery you could only imagine to see in a movie. At least, this is what it looked like to Kody, Alexander, and Jena. It was more likely that Jose was seeing a decrepit mansion with it’s windows smashed in and the roof caving dangerously with a lawn of overgrown and mostly dead shrubbery that was also trying to make itself home inside of the mansion.

“Welcome to Lamarck Academy!” Jena sang, turning to Jose and smiling widely, “Beautiful, no?”

wiltingdaisy94
    Participant

Jose followed the group behind and trotted along, quiet and observant with his hair finally out of his face. As he approached the school his stare grew incredulous once again. God, was anything around here gonna make any sense at all? When Jena greeted him, he looked over at her, then back at the school before squinting and tilting his head slightly

“… something tells me i’m not seeing what you’re seeing” he pointed out “kinda reminds me of home before Mama and Papa renovated”

Angel
    Participant

“Come now, Jena, you know that those not associated with the academy cannot see it.” Alexander kicked the fence open and started down the stone path to the entrance of the academy.

“Oh, right … sorry about that!” Jena apologized to Jose and rubbed the back of her head.

“We’ll get you to Dinlas right away so you don’t have to look at … well, whatever he’s making you see.” Kody gestured for Jose to follow them as they entered the gates.

Once everyone was inside the gates, there was a creaking noise and the gates locked again behind them.

“So, this is the main building, where visitors come and where we check in new students. There are two other annexes; those are for classes. Beyond this building you’ll see a multitude of other ones; the nursery, the amphitheater, the training center, the various buildings that house the children of each god or goddess, the dining hall- which is completely open to the elements and isn’t really a hall at all … oh, and we have the forest that leads around the side of the academy and ends before the cliff. The workshops are down by there so the smoke doesn’t crowd everything else.” Kody looked down at Jose and smiled, “Jenna’s house is also situated on the far right of the academy grounds, right before the grove. The grove is forbidden … well, it was. That’s where the House of Hades is located … er … hidden more like. No one can actually find it.”

“That’s because it’s a grove first but then it gets kinda woodsey and … well, that’s all I really know because no one has ever gone in except the headmaster,” Jena added.

wiltingdaisy94
    Participant

Jose didn’t respond much to the tour, not taking much of the information in. He kept a polite air about him, but he couldn’t find it in him to smile, the anxious fluttering in his chest refusing to leave. He looked around and tried to understand that it was an illusion, but it seemed to be a darned good one.

“Oh, who is “Dinlas”?” He asked “Is that who I talk to about getting out of here?”

Angel
    Participant

“Dinlas is our headmaster!” Jena smiled, “He’s the rejected son of Aphrodite and Aries and was given the title of the God of hatred and chaos. He has the power of illusion on account of Aphrodite being the Goddess of love and being able to change her appearance based on what the person looking at her perceives as lovely or beautiful. But I think because he’s so full of discourse, he uses his ability of illusion on a grander scale.”

At this point, the three of them had reached the doors to the main building and before Kody could open them, they slid open themselves to reveal a man with olive tone skin and pitch black hair glaring down at them.

“I see Jena has taken it upon herself to introduce me …” The man’s eyes skimmed the three standing in front of him until his dull grey eyes came to rest on Jose. “My name is Dinlas, and I am the guardian, or headmaster as you would call it in this century … and you must be Jose, son of Susanoo. I’m pleased that these two didn’t manage to get you killed on the way back. I passed Alexander on the way … seems like you managed to get one of them busted up enough.”

Kody opened his mouth to defend them, but Dinlas glared him down. “You two will return to your houses and get them in order for tonights feast. Especially you, Kody … your frat boys have made a decent enough mess of their courtyard.”

Kody snapped his fingers on his free hand and shook his head, “Dang, again? Was it a bull this time?” Dinlas did not grace his question with an answer, so Kody tuned to Jena and nodded, “Yeah they got a bull. I’m telling you, Jen, those Hermes kids need to keep a better eye on the stables …”

Jena rolled her eyes and motioned for Kody to follow her through the building. Before leaving, she turned to Jose quickly and took his hand up in both of hers, “I do hope to see you at the feast. I want to get to know you more!” She smiled and gently let go of his hand before skipping back up to Kody and waving goodbye as the two of them disappeared into the darkness behind Dinlas.

“So. I heard that you think it was a mistake for you to be here?” Dinlas asked, a look of bemusement playing across his face, but only for a moment.

wiltingdaisy94
    Participant

Jose raised a brow at the bemused look, clearly not appreciating it. “I mean, i’m pretty happily home schooled and don’t remember enrolling in a Hogwarts for Demigods” Jose shrugged “and even if it wasn’t a mistake i’m not intent on sticking around. No offense to you or your school, but I was supposed to be having lunch with my mama and my siblings before i was bought here and would very much like to go home, thanks” Jose didn’t look away from the god and kept his shoulders squared, but it was clear he was tense. “My family must be worried about me.”

Angel
    Participant

“How adorable,” Dinlas hissed, “you hide your anxieties behind a sassy and childish personality. Well, let me tell you that I’m not in the habit of taking in random children unless I’m asked to with extreme urgency. Your father requested you be here for your safety. A war is coming, child, and this is the safest place to be. People are not brought here unless they are suppose to be here. If I made mistakes like that, this place would have been compromised long ago. Alas, you are not my child so I don’t care what you do, however you will not be able to make it out of the forest so easily. And as for your father not telling you about this… we Gods are very busy at the moment trying to keep all you … gifted… children safe.” He continued to look down at Jose and reached into a fold of his toga to pull out a letter, “Here I have the request from your father to house you for the foreseeable future. He does not mention your sibilings, however, I’m sure if they have any abilities showing any time soon, they too will join us here.” He held the letter out for Jose to read if he wished to do so.

wiltingdaisy94
    Participant

Jose took in a deep breath, trying to figure out what the heck this person was even trying to insinuate. None of this was making any sense. His father didn’t keep secrets, his father didn’t keep him out of the loop and his father would have never just sent Jose away without the rest of his family. That’s not how this family worked. They were tight knit, inseperable. His father always told him everything. The last time his father had kept information to himself Jose had lost an arm. It just wasn’t how things were in the Kagai household. His father was a god, yes, but he was a father. A father to 4 children, with yet another on the way. He was a good father. As Jose looked at the letter it all made sense. His eyes widened as he looked at it

“… that is not my fathers handwriting… He never writes in english. Ever”

But oh, he knew that handwriting. And he looked about ready to use that one good arm to punch something

(( The twist here is that this was actually set up by Amaterasu – his well meaning but dim aunt who was trying to protect him by getting him sent there without his father’s permission – by pretending to be his father in corespondence. Susanoo loves his family way, way too much to separate them for anything, but Amaterasu is an idiot who doesn’t seem to comprehend that the rest of Jose’s family is just as important to Susanoo as Jose is (maybe evenmoreso since, you know, one of those people is his WIFE). This isn’t the first time Amaterasu has tried to interfere in Susanoo’s family life, so Jose has experience there lmao ))

Angel
    Participant

“Well this is unfortunate for you,” Dinlas said, showing no surprise or remorse, “I’m not wasting my students time to bring you back through the forest safely and an inexperienced boy like yourself cannot make it through on your own. I suggest you write to your father and explain your whereabouts so he can come get you. In the mean time, you will be bunking with Jena and her brothers.”

Dinlas put a hand over Jose’s eyes for a moment and then lifted it away. He lifted the illusion from his sight and he was now able to see what was truly around him; a breathtaking display of architecture that looked like it was pulled directly from the times of Antiquity.

“Since I presume you will not be staying long, we will provide you with the bare minimum. Should you decide to stay longer, we will provide you with the proper equipment you will need. And finally, your aquantience from the forest should be in the infirmary should you wish to say hello. That is all. Hestia will show you the rest of the way- through those doors.” Dinlas pointed behind him to a set of large marble doors and stood, waiting for Jose to part.

wiltingdaisy94
    Participant

Jose took a moment to collect himself after the illusion was removed, and took a breath – at least he could contact his father about the mistake. Maybe he’ll even get to see his father lay out “Tia Ame” which would be nice, but for now he was stuck. He simply nodded to the – frankly pretty rude- god and quietly made his exit, looking around cautiously. He wondered where he’d get whats necessary to *send* a letter but he could ask that later.

Angel
    Participant

A petite woman with brown hair and a warm smile met Jose at the large double doors.

“Hello, Jose. My name is Hestia. I’m the caretaker here. I have a blanket and pillow waiting for you in the Poseidon house along with a change of clothes. I’ll get you the rest of the essentials after we have our feast. Would you like a tour of the grounds?” She asked, pushing the large double doors open to reveal a grand scene of luscious gardens and a multitude of buildings spread out across a large field that ended as a cliff far off in the distance.

“Perhaps we can visit your friend in the infirmary? If she is your friend?” Hestia stood by the double open doors with the warm smile still plastered on her face. She was patient and kind, a clear contrast to Dinlas.

wiltingdaisy94
    Participant

Jose contemplated “Friends is a really strong word. I just met her.. but yeah, sure” He shrugged “and the tour as well, please, if thats alright” He requested. He figured he’d be getting out of here soon, but even so there was no reason to be rude or curt with anyone that was just doing their job. “thank you”

ClinicalCharles
    Participant

(Sorry I’ve been MIA, my depression/anxiety have been getting the best of me lately, but since June started it’s been getting better. I’m gonna try really hard to keep up with this; not being able to overthink where I want the story to go really helps me write and writing is a good coping skill. However I apologize in advance if I disappear for a while again somewhere down the line.)

Quickly regaining his composure, Spike ran after Damask snatching the dog’s leash and tying it hastily to his belt. As the duo retreated into the cover of nearby trees, a group of teenagers dressed in Greco-Roman armor wielding swords and shields, closed in on the beast. Turning from the epic scene, they headed deeper into the woods.

They’d been hiking through the forest all morning, it must’ve been noon by now. The morning’s fog that had been settled cozily around them was lifting, rays of sunshine crashing through the treetops. A river cut through forest in front of them; it’s swift, uncrossable waters halting their progress.

Spike let out a sigh of frustration, kicking a stray pebble into the water. He unhooked the leash from Damask’s harness and shoved it in his coat pocket. Taking a deep breath, he set about the river bank looking for some way to cross.

A few minutes later, his search futile, Spike sat against one of the trees near the water’s edge. Damask laid down beside him, wiggling his head under the boy’s hand to redirect his attention. Soon after, chattering voices came echoing down from further upstream. Recognizing the voices from the armored teens, Spike stood and, sticking to the trees hurried to the source.

He stopped several yards short and watched as one of them approached the water. She was speaking to two humanoid creatures floating in the river – nymphs. When they had finished their exchange, the nymphs swam to the side, the water parting between them to reveal the riverbed. He had to strain to hear them, but he had caught enough to surmise that even with the right phrase he would not be allowed to pass. So instead he turned and followed the river in the opposite direction. As he did he noticed that the tree he had been hiding behind, had peculiarly enough grown into the shape of a woman.

After around hour of walking, they happened upon an uprooted tree that, luck had it, toppled over the width of the river. Hoisting himself up onto the tree, Spike prepared himself to walk across the precarious makeshift bridge. Behind him Damask barked in protest.

The boy sighed and turned to look at the dog who was standing with his front paws on the tree, watching disapprovingly.

“Damask, we have to get across somehow,” Spike spoke to the pup with an ease he had lacked speaking amongst his mysterious traveling companions. Damask “talked” back, as if in protest, eliciting an eye roll from his handler who crouched down so they where at eye level with one another.

“Look you can either walk across yourself or I <i>will</i> carry you,” there was amusement in his voice, but it was an experienced familiarity that said “every time.” In response the large canine carefully jumped onto the tree and proceeded to place his paws on either of Spike’s shoulders. “Fine you big baby,” he chuckled, lifting Damask up in his arms.

Once they were safely across and Damask was back on all fours, Spike set his course back in the direction he’d seen the others. When he’d located the woman sculpted tree, he turned his back on the river and continued deeper into the forest.

A mere half hour later, the two were approaching the rusted, ivy covered gates of an old, abandoned mansion. Though with its collapsing roof, broken windows, dead and overgrown lawn, and the forest plant life threatening to take it back into the depths of nature, a more accurate adjective would be dilapidated or perhaps ramshackle.

It reminded Spike of the kinds of allegedly haunted places he and his friends would track down and make bets on who could or couldn’t stay the entire night. They’d plan elaborate ghost pranks on each other trying to scare out the competition. He’d only ever lost once – but it’s not a night any of them like to remember.

Looking at Damask, realizing he must look just as confused, Spike bite his lip unsure of what to do next.

Fly On,
    (|-=\) Charles Donté
    <3;

Angel
    Participant

(Hey no worries! Self care should always be your top priority! You are always welcomed here and can jump back in at any time you wish!)

(speaking of- I’ll either reply tomorrow or the day after; I’m currently employed at a sleep away camp and everything is very hectic right now)

Angel
    Participant

“It seems we have a stray.” Darius mused aloud as looked out the windows of the mansion. He sighed and turned his back, and as he did so the gates slowly creaked open on their own, allowing an easy entrance for Spike and Damask.

Hestia smiled at Jose and led him across the courtyard, passing a large fountain and a small building with various little kids playing around it. They all stopped and stained as Hestia and Jose passed by.

“Don’t mind them,” Hestia said with a smile, “the admittance of students has slowed to a trickle as of late. It’s relatively rare to find Demi god children now. These young ones were very hard to track down and had a special spell placed on them before arriving here that prevented their growth. We’re still working on how to fix that…” Hestia shook her head as they passed the kids and walked across the lucsh green lawn towards a two story building with an open entrance way adorned with the symbol of Hermes; the caduceus. “This is the hospital here on campus. Let’s go and find that young girl.”

(ugh I’m really sorry for not being here sooner! I can’t have my phone and there’s no service where’s I’m at. ALSO Z is debating shutting down the forum! Should we find a way to keep RPing??)

ClinicalCharles
    Participant

(no worries, it happens! And I know I was really bummed when I saw it but I get it 🙁 and I think we should!)

The gates creaked open, as if by their own accord, the sound of unuse startling the duo. As the heavy iron swung inward to reveal an old cobblestone path leading towards the once grand structure, Spike gave a nervous glance to the fearless canine already trotting forward. He tentatively followed after.

Reaching the building’s entrance, it’s ornate doors swung open to reveal a man of olive skin and jet black hair glaring at them. His dull gray eyes gave away little, but he held an air of authority. Spike quickly drew his posture; standing straight, feet together, hands clasped behind his back. Damask took his queue and sat at attention beside his handler.

Fly On,
    (|-=\) Charles Donté
    <3;

wiltingdaisy94
    Participant

((either of ya’ll have a discord?))

ClinicalCharles
    Participant

(no but that can change)

Fly On,
    (|-=\) Charles Donté
    <3;

wiltingdaisy94
    Participant

Cause i use Discord all the time for RPs so if ya’ll want to move it there I’m game))

Angel
    Participant

((We should totally move it there because I have the app and it will be easier for me to use as opposed to going on safari on my phone. I can start the channel? Or would anyone else like to? We should post the link here regardless and make it 3 uses so the three of us can log on without the channel getting spammed?))

wiltingdaisy94
    Participant

go ahead! link it here.

Angel
    Participant

https://discord.gg/ryaBxdC

Let me know if it doesn’t work! Would it be possible for someone to Archive any of this RP? I only have a phone with me for the next month so it’ll be hard for me to do but I don’t expect anyone to do it either- just curious! If it can’t be done, it’s no big deal- I’m sure we can remember what we’ve already done

wiltingdaisy94
    Participant

i can archive it in a google doc, sure. and the link worked for me!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.