TW: Pet Death

Home Forums The Pet Lair TW: Pet Death

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Nikki 2 months ago.

• Author

Mockingbird
    Participant

z

z

z

z

z

z

z

z

z

z

z

z

z

z

z

z

Lotsa Z’s so anyone who doesn’t wanna see won’t have to <3

Last night my Syrian hamster, Pippin, passed away in his sleep. I only had him for a few weeks, because his previous owner was extremely neglectful which caused him to develop an eye infection that would never heal and subsequently end up breaking my heart. Despite only knowing him for a few weeks, I developed a deep bond with him. And it’s infuriating because my dad seems to have a “It’s just a hamster” stance on it. I feel like he should know by now, after knowing me for 20 years, that animals, particularly pets, aren’t “just”s for me. They’re family. “The rainstorm and the river are my brothers; the heron and the otter are my friends”. Whether it’s a fish or a horse, every animal I encounter is special for me. I’m looking into having him cremated. It’s winter here still, so the ground is too frozen for him to be buried. I will keep you guys up to date. Thanks for letting me spill my bumblebees for awhile (bumblebee is my filler word for swear words)

Emerson Vervair

Nikki
    Participant

I’m so sorry for your loss. Losing a pet is super hard. I wish you healing and love. ❤️

“Your secret is safe with my indifference.” - Percy (Critical Role, Campaign 1)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.