Wands

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Mina Lovett 1 week, 3 days ago.

• Author

Mina Lovett
    Participant

Oh man, do I love Harry Potter so ridiculously much! I’m considering getting a Deathly Hallows tattoo!

Anyway, I make wands as a hobby! And I collect them! I am very, very new to this but I’m really excited and proud.

I started about a year or so ago when I was student teaching a Harry Potter book club. My little witches and wizards needed guidance and help to make their wands, I made my own, and found that I have a knack for it! I’ve made a few for friends and people who have commissioned me. Right now, though, I want to focus on actually making this a hobby and getting better at it.

I use real sticks that I find and test for flexibility and strength. From there a mix of carving, hot glue, and honestly whatever I think the wand needs to become magical! I’m still working out the kinks to my process since I’m new to whittling.

My collection outside of ones I’ve made is pretty neat too!

So if any of my fellow minions love wands, have questions, ideas, or just want to talk about sticks with me PLEASE DO!

There’s Always A Tomorrow,

Mina

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.