Whatcha Writing?

Home Forums The Office (Writers Talk) All Things Fiction Whatcha Writing?

This topic contains 18 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  woochew07 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author
    Z Brewer
    Z Brewer
    Keymaster

Me, I’m working on a Middle Grade series proposal and I just got my editorial letter back for this amazing, epic, queer book I’m writing. What about you?

"A label doesn't make something so. A label is just a word. It's what a person does that makes them who they are."
    - Twelfth Grade Kills

Instagram/Twitter @butucancallmez

Baize
    Participant

Since I’m currently in college, I don’t have much time to write as I’d like. Currently, I don’t have a lot of novels in the works. I’ve got some fanfictions going atm. None of them are Vladimir Todd, because I don’t think I’d ever do him justice.

It's okay to be weird 😜

Z Brewer
      Z Brewer
      Keymaster

Totally get the lack of time, but….I’ve seen the fanfics you guys have come up with, and you blow me away. Whatever it is you’re writing or want to write, I believe in you!

"A label doesn't make something so. A label is just a word. It's what a person does that makes them who they are."
      - Twelfth Grade Kills

Nikki
    Participant

The only thing I’ve been working on lately is the campaign that I want to run with my friends for D&D. I’m a player in two campaigns and will be running a campaign for a tiny group of brand new players at the end of next month so all of my spare time lately is being spent coming up with ideas that my group will inevitably steer away from, causing the need for improvisation.

“Your secret is safe with my indifference.” - Percy (Critical Role, Campaign 1)

Z Brewer
      Z Brewer
      Keymaster

Noice! The Girl and my son are D&Ders. 🙂

- Twelfth Grade Kills

Nikki
        Participant

Oh that’s awesome! I only started a few months ago, myself. I’ve wanted to play for a long while but knew nothing of it.

“Your secret is safe with my indifference.” - Percy (Critical Role, Campaign 1)

Z Brewer
        Z Brewer
        Keymaster

Glad you found it! Are you into RP at all? Many D&Ders areWe do have an RP forum here. Might wanna check it out. 🙂

- Twelfth Grade Kills

ZachJPayne
    Participant

I’m working on a contemporary YA. In a surprising departure from my usual MO, it features a straight romance. But I still think it’s worth writing. It’s about love, loss, grief, depression, all that fun stuff–the only stuff I’m really qualified to write about, lol.

That said, it’s also a zero draft, will probably run over 200,000 words once it’s done (eeeeeeeeek! lots of cutting words ahead of me), so I can barely even stomach to look at it right now. But it might be good someday.

Z Brewer
      Z Brewer
      Keymaster

That’s like epic fantasy length! Do you tend to write long and then cut during the editorial process? I do the opposite. I write short and add words during edits.

- Twelfth Grade Kills

Nolee
    Participant

In my college screenwriting class, I decided to tackle writing a script about a girl facing depression. I got the idea during class around the same time I almost lost my older brother to depression. It’s very well received by my class and my professor thinks I should make it PSA with some film students. It’s still in it’s first draft, but I’m very proud of it.

I also am starting to once again tackle the series that I’ve had in my head since middle school and I think I might have finally started to figure things out with it.

Z Brewer
      Z Brewer
      Keymaster

You should be very proud, Minion. What an important topic to tackle. I hope your brother is doing well now. <3

- Twelfth Grade Kills

Sachula
    Participant

I’m working on a few different things: the sequel to my wattpad book, Legacy of the Necromancer, and an urban fantasy along the lines of the dresden files/anita blake with a vampire’s human servant as the main character.

find me everywhere with linktr.ee/sachula

Z Brewer
      Z Brewer
      Keymaster

Nice!

- Twelfth Grade Kills

Nolee
      Participant

Thank you and yes he is thankfully! 🙂

Angel
    Participant

I was working on a Greek Mythology novel, but I turned it onto the RP going on here now haha So now I’m working on an Academy story I just thought of. Kinda Harry Potter-ish but focused more on myths (I can’t help myself- My major is in Antiquities lol)

ali.kelley64
    Participant

A modern fantasy novel about a young Grim Reaper. There is magic, vampires, werewolves, and just about anything else you can think of. Its also a romance and I just love my characters.

“To love or have loved, that is enough. Ask nothing further. There is no other pearl to be found in the dark folds of life.” -by Victor Hugo

woochew07
      Participant

That sounds AWESOME!! I can’t wait for updates!

~Your Friendly Neighborhood Autistic

wiltingdaisy94
    Participant

I have been writing Fanfics (for Undertale and Coco) for the most part, but my original content has mostly been focused on two projects

“Passers By”- a series of vignettes co-written with my best friend about a Romanian real estate agent and a Portuguese travel blogger who keep running into each other all over the world, occasionally dealing with crazy supernatural stuff, mafia drama and they fall in love as they run into each other. I’ve drawn a bunch of them and posted them in the art forum

and an untitled extremely self indulgent time travel romance story with scotsmen, war, love triangles and a were-bear. I’m having a lot of silly fun with this one

woochew07
    Participant

I’m struggling to find a topic I’m passionate about to write about. I am currently unable to work due to illness, so my fiance is working a lot to support us. However, since I am home a lot I’ve decided to write more. I’m going stir crazy here at home lol. I’m currently trying to find that THING that puts me in the groove. I wrote this little one shot about some people in my life… https://docs.google.com/document/d/1y5RLPPJukHk3t6yMAdfIitKfBO9ArJQDIP95STJIvo0/edit?usp=sharing (sorry if links aren’t allowed) That links to my most recent blurb. It’s the most writing I’ve done in a while… I should fix that! Haha

~Your Friendly Neighborhood Autistic

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.